Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670, 2850, or 2970?

Howdy,
    We are full timers. Recently, while in Montana, we were rear ended by a “gentleman “ who was intoxicated in a stolen truck. Luckily, no one was hurt and, we were able to make temporary repairs to keep traveling, but we want a new trailer. We tow with a 2018 Ford 4x4 Ecoboost.

GD is our first choice and we are thinking an Imagine. Our damaged TT is a Windjammer 3025 with three slides. Can you share insights into the 2670, 2850 and 2970; good and bad.

Thanks in advance,
    Lorinda and

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2850 Imagine wasn't very popular, and has been discontinued for a little while now.

The 2970 is the most popular, but also the longest and heaviest. May not be a very pleasant tow with the F150.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2970 RL here. Purchased for the floor plan. Had very little problems with it and the ones I had was able to fix myself. I pull with a F-250 and it pulls very well. With the rep the new F-150 has I would bet it would pull it fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. We are planning to see the 2670 and 2970 this Friday!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t really go wrong with either, I considered both floor plans and went back and forth. For us, it came down to the outside kitchen. I really like the outside fridge and stove, and use it every trip. Some folks don’t care about that, but I like to cook outside and a beer fridge is handy. On the other hand you lose that pull out couch. We have theater seating in ours and love it but would be nice to have a extra sleeping when needed. When I bring guests I use a twin size blow up mattress or 2 (the table area “bed” just isn’t big enough for an adult). Also, we like to go to places that can get tight on space, I wanted to keep it as short as I could without too much sacrifice. It’s 2 extra feet for that couch.. So, the answer is “it depends” what your priorities are. I’ve had very few issues with ours, and very happy with the overall fit and finish. As with all RVs there are going to be things you will dial in but the quality is good in our experience. Any specific questions feel free to PM me. Good luck!

George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2970 here, we like the extra seating and large rear window. Outside kitchen would be nice too. Probably couldn't go wrong with either one. We have a V8 F150 and it does a fine job with the 2970.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the 2 of us and 2 tiny dogs. We like our 2670MK a lot. My wife thinks it is the best layout of any camper we looked at or have owned.
    Big trailer she is , but the 3/4 ton pulls it no issues. Not sure how a F150 would pull it. Either camper is a good choice. So enjoy it which ever you pick.
    Jim T.