User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
    I can see if I can get some. I did use some silicone, but it was around the rubber trim that is attached to the camper that was part of the Furion prep. Primarily because it was removed to access the wiring, pre-adapter kit. I had the dealer throw it in as part of the deal I made. Unfortunately they wired it backwards, so I had to fix it myself. That's when I found the adapter kit as well.
    Thanks, I'd really appreciate it!

How do you like the Haloview?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mich3210 View Post
    When installing the Haloview with Adapter Kit, is there any concern of leaking? Do you need to apply silicone caulk behind the adapter plate, to the screws and around where the wire feeds into the back of the rig?

I'm thinking about going this route compared to the Furrion Vision S 7" due to cost, and the picture quality.

Does anyone have close-up shots of it after installed?

Thanks!
    This is the Haloview with Adapter Kit. I made a wooden plate with a slot for the camera wires, stained and urethane'd it, and screwed it to the RV with butyl behind the plate. Then I silicon-ed the hole that went from the camera to the electric supply lines.

Biggest issue, and it was not an easy install, is the Haloview electric cables are really long; you have to do contortions to get the Haloview cables into the pre-wired Furion inlet.

Additional note: The Haloview image is superb, but the camera doesn't handle motion well at all. I'm guessing the camera refresh rate is too slow. You won't be happy with the images you get while driving down the street. It's not real time. (So far, it only happened once, but I had one episode with about a 10-15 second delay before refresh.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraMount.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	22235

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a better closeup than I can get without a ladder (my camera is mounted high on the back of our toy hauler.)

I didn't create a bracket as the 4 screw holes in the adapter bracket lined up perfectly to the existing holes that were there from the Furion ready mount.

I haven't had any problems while using it while driving. Slight delay, maybe, but it is wireless and there will be some latency sending the signal to the monitor. This will be the case regardless of camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I run with a Garmin Dezl GPS which has a backup camera option. At $180 CDN we chose the BC30 Garmin, which I adapted to fit into the Furrion mount. Yes the adaptation is not for the faint of heart or the mechanically inept,but if done right it eliminates the need for another screen in the cab!
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion Vision S 5. It's been great so far and no issues. I get a bit of interference when passing military installations, but not all the time. I have a 2019 Solitude 384GK and it was pre-wired for camera. I changed the wiring to pickup a 12v lead from the marker light above the camera. When underway, I just turn the marker/parking lights on. Works great!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the Furion Observation camera and love it!
    However: we have a newer truck and the camera monitor would never stay on !
    Furion sent us to Etrailer to by an adapter that didn’t work!!!
    Got tired of the runaround and went to Home Depot and bought a toggle switch, 4” box, 60’ of lamp wire, plastic stick on wire track. Mounted the box next to the auto leveling control in the storage cabinet. Then wired from the battery to toggle switch. We turn on the toggle switch when hooking up the fifth wheel and off when unhooking. Wired both the tire pressure sensor and camera to the toggle switch. Also added a 2 Amp fuse in the box.

Works GREAT for observation and just switch the monitor for backup camera.

Hope this helps

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend a camera that is on full-time. My 2018 has the power on all the time (except when the power switch is thrown), but I've never found that it causes any noticeable depletion of the battery charge. I heard that later years/different models only have the power on when the running lights are powered on.
    Will Burt
    Lakewood CO
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2013 F-150 Ecoboost 3.5L
    Equal-i-zer WD hitch 1000#

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 GD Reflection 297, almost identical to your 315, and have a Furrion 7 4 camera system. Side marker light cameras, rear camera in pre-installed mount, and "door" camera installed in the center rear marker light at the roof line. Use that one pointed straight down to see bumper area when backing up, and the pre-installed to monitor rear traffic. Got a package deal from Amazon with all 4 otherwise would not have the 4th one. As noted by previous post, used all the factory hookups, and just turn our parking lights on to see all 4 cameras. Never have to worry about running down the battery in storage and provides good visibility all around the trailer. Good refresh rate on all cameras. 7 inch monitor is ideal for backing up and when changing lanes. Hope it helps. Note- it is expensive but would do again based on our experience with it. Installed it in 30 minutes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've installed the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System purchased on Amazon on my Solitide. Since the camera was on all the time I decided to rewire the camera power to the marker light just above the camera mount. I do have to turn on my running lights during the day to use the camera when pulling the RV, but that was no trouble. There is a buzzer that lets me know the running lights are on when I shut down the truck. I use the camera for backward observation while traveling and during backing up the RV. The Furrion monitor is small, but still works great for me. I actually have a TransferFlo TRAX3 auxiliary fuel tank monitor, TST TPMS monitor, and the camera monitor working all at the same time on my dash and console, so having a small Furrion camera monitor is okay...
    Larry and Vicki
    2016 Solitude 305RE - Sailun S637 ST
    2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ
    TranferFlow 50 Gal Aux Tank
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the Haloview MC5111 with a 5" display. We wanted a smaller display because the dash is getting full with all of the devices (have the Rand McNally 7" gps) . We are going to mount the backup/observation display to the review mirror since we can't see out the back with it anyway. The mounting bracket adapter fit perfectly over the Furrion bracket so no extra sealing or anything was needed. Hubby didn't seem to have an issue with the cable packing in behind the adapter.

The camera does stay on all the time so we pulled the fuse for now. Will eventually hook up a switch inside the trailer to disconnect when we're parked.

Haven't taken it out on the road yet so cannot confirm the quality but it has a lot more positive reviews than the Furrion and cost less. We take it out on a trip in a couple of weeks so will have a better feel for things then.
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast