User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommendations on Furrion back up camera model

Have a 2020 Reflection 315RLTS prepped for a backup camera. Any recommendations on which model camera is best?

Also I saw online someone stated that the camera indicators are on all the time which can drain a battery in a few weeks (I realize the camera is only operational when in reverse but apparently it is active all the time with its led lights etc.) Is this a concern when stored for long periods?

Thank you in advance!
    Linda

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the Furrion rough in as well and went with the camera that is for backup and observation (while traveling down the road). This one has the number 48 imbedded in the model number. If I remember correctly the back up only camera has the number 12 imbedded in the model number. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added the Haloview camera. Got the MC7108 system for ours. It has a 7" monitor with a nice clear picture. There is a kit I bought from Amazon that comes with a furion mounting bracket and camera adapter for an easy connection.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
    We added the Haloview camera. Got the MC7108 system for ours. It has a 7" monitor with a nice clear picture. There is a kit I bought from Amazon that comes with a furion mounting bracket and camera adapter for an easy connection.
    Will the Haloview match up with the screws etc on the existing camera prep? For some reason I thought it required a Furrion for easy install?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahooie View Post
    Will the Haloview match up with the screws etc on the existing camera prep? For some reason I thought it required a Furrion for easy install?
    I bought this bracket/kit and they lined up perfectly.

Haloview Backup Camera Bracket Adapter Compatible with Furrion Pre-Wired RVs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGLJWG2..._0LRxDbFAN7DV2

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haloview Backup Camera Bracket Adapter Compatible with Furrion Pre-Wired RVs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGLJWG2..._0LRxDbFAN7DV2

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 2020 Reflection 315RLTS prepped for a backup camera. Any recommendations on which model camera is best? Also I saw online someone stated that the camera indicators are on all the time which can drain a battery in a few weeks (I realize the camera is only operational when in reverse but apparently it is active all the time with its led lights etc.) Is this a concern when stored for long periods? Thank you in advance! Linda
    I dunno about "best" but we're satisfied with the Furrion Vision S system. It has a big 7" monitor that displays images in a usable way. We have the rear camera that slipped easily into the existing mount, as well as two side cameras that easily replaced side marker lights on the trailer to provide side views that are often useful. As I said decent, not superb in any way but very usable. I would buy it again if I had to.

The operation of the camera - when it's on or off - is a function of the way your trailer is wired, and the factory has a checkered history on this front. Your camera socket may be wired to your marker lights (the best option IMO) or it may be wired to any other live wire the technician could grab when he/she was installing it. Some of these ARE powered on all the time - as long as the battery lasts - and that's obviously not ideal for camera or battery. It's not at all uncommon to have to climb up and re-wire that factory camera socket, usually to the marker lights.

There is no easy way to have the camera come on only when you're in reverse... it certainly won't work like that from the factory. Chances are you don't want that anyway, since it's often useful to be able to use the camera as a "rear view mirror" when driving. When the camera is wired to the marker lights, when you want to look at the rear view you just turn on the truck's lights and the camera display lights up.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes with the purchase of this kit from Amazon, it fit perfectly on ours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190822-105148_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	22111

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When installing the Haloview with Adapter Kit, is there any concern of leaking? Do you need to apply silicone caulk behind the adapter plate, to the screws and around where the wire feeds into the back of the rig?

I'm thinking about going this route compared to the Furrion Vision S 7" due to cost, and the picture quality.

Does anyone have close-up shots of it after installed?

Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mich3210 View Post
    When installing the Haloview with Adapter Kit, is there any concern of leaking? Do you need to apply silicone caulk behind the adapter plate, to the screws and around where the wire feeds into the back of the rig?

I'm thinking about going this route compared to the Furrion Vision S 7" due to cost, and the picture quality.

Does anyone have close-up shots of it after installed?

Thanks!
    I can see if I can get some. I did use some silicone, but it was around the rubber trim that is attached to the camper that was part of the Furion prep. Primarily because it was removed to access the wiring, pre-adapter kit. I had the dealer throw it in as part of the deal I made. Unfortunately they wired it backwards, so I had to fix it myself. That's when I found the adapter kit as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast