User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the original small monitor with the faster camera. I’ve replaced it with the S with side cameras and 7” monitor. If interested I’m selling the older one which is only a year old. Let me know.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, I contacted Haloview and they are working on a side-marker camera for their MC7108 system like Furrion's.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished installing the Haloview, I shortened, soldered and put heat shrink the wires at the camera to make a little neater installation. How did you mount your monitor so it was visible but not blocking your vision? If I mount mine on the dash it creates a pretty big blind spot.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangust View Post
    I just finished installing the Haloview, I shortened, soldered and put heat shrink the wires at the camera to make a little neater installation. How did you mount your monitor so it was visible but not blocking your vision? If I mount mine on the dash it creates a pretty big blind spot.
    I’m still working on that! Thinking about trying to rig a mount for my overhead console. Rear view mirror is no use anyway. Thinking about 6” back from the mirror turned about 45 degrees. Amazing how small the windshields are in pickups now.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
    We added the Haloview camera. Got the MC7108 system for ours. It has a 7" monitor with a nice clear picture. There is a kit I bought from Amazon that comes with a furion mounting bracket and camera adapter for an easy connection.
    We took our first trip using your recommended Haloview camera and love it! Clear sharp pic and voice for backing up as well as it maintained a sharp pic behind us while driving. This leads me to my next question QCCowboy if you don't mind answering: Ideally we would like to be able to see possible cars lining up behind us (without waiting for road corners for side mirrors to see) as well as having the backing up view but it seems the camera and/or bracket adjustability does not allow that. We can see from just beyond the bumper to a bit beyond it for backup, and while traveling we see the road and maybe 2 car lengths behind us. Any car we would actually see in the screen means they are unsafely tailgating, we cant see the ones that are just following at a safe distance. What did you set your camera angle at, just bumper and a bit beyond or am I missing something in the adjustments?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahooie View Post
    We took our first trip using your recommended Haloview camera and love it! Clear sharp pic and voice for backing up as well as it maintained a sharp pic behind us while driving. This leads me to my next question QCCowboy if you don't mind answering: Ideally we would like to be able to see possible cars lining up behind us (without waiting for road corners for side mirrors to see) as well as having the backing up view but it seems the camera and/or bracket adjustability does not allow that. We can see from just beyond the bumper to a bit beyond it for backup, and while traveling we see the road and maybe 2 car lengths behind us. Any car we would actually see in the screen means they are unsafely tailgating, we cant see the ones that are just following at a safe distance. What did you set your camera angle at, just bumper and a bit beyond or am I missing something in the adjustments?
    One of my concerns from the YouTube reviews I watched was that the picture didn't seem to be "wide-angle" enough to see if my bumper was clearing obstructions during maneuvers. Are you able to see that clearly?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
    One of my concerns from the YouTube reviews I watched was that the picture didn't seem to be "wide-angle" enough to see if my bumper was clearing obstructions during maneuvers. Are you able to see that clearly?
    So far, we have only set ours for max. distance rather than down towards the bumper and have only used it on one outing so not sure if adjusted the other way will allow the view down to the bumper mainly. We are taking it out on Tuesday so if you don't get other input by then, will adjust downward and advise.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, I contacted Haloview and they are working on a side-marker camera for their MC7108 system like Furrion's.
    Unfortunately, pictures of the prototype show the assembly is bulky compared to the Furrion side markers cams...

I've been hand-wringing over a Furrion Vision S and the MC7108. If the Haloview side marker design was less bulky, I'd definitely pull that trigger and wait till the side marker cams are made available. Decisions!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haloview now has the side marker camera available. Not on Amazon yet but available direct from Haloview here: https://www.haloview.com/products/backup-cameras.html

I came across these as I was looking at camera systems. I wanted side marker light cameras for backing for when you lose the trailer view especially on one side when turning while backing. I'm leaning towards the Haloview system as it has better video quality (720P) and the new marker light cameras allow you to adjust the camera angle to get the side of the trailer in view for reference just like I do with the mirrors. One complaint I saw of the Furrion system was you can't see the side of the trailer on their fixed marker light cameras.

My only concern now is if I mount a camera on the right side forward marker light of my 303RLS the awning arm may partially obstruct the side of the trailer from the camera view but possibly only the top half of the view as the bottom of the awning arm is directly in line with the marker light.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyber Monday purchase... Haloview has a new package out, mc7109 with an upgraded monitor and a backing plate for the furrion camera mount included. The 7108 package is available with a $30 off discount code.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-mc...ra-system.html
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast