User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to transport travel trailer from MN to FL

I’m looking to transport a GD reflection 308bhts from Redwing MN to Ocala FL early October. I just purchased this trailer and have not yet bought a tow vehicle, any suggestions? Offers?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has come up before and I've just done a quick search to find the thread(s) but came up blank. Someone with a better memory than mine will likely jump in with real advice. I do remember that one suggestion was to call Grand Design to ask for the name of the company(ies) they use.

My purpose in posting is to express caution about your open-ended invitation. IIRC the last thread did NOT produce many people offering to undertake the transport, because most are aware of the big risk they would be taking in making such an offer. Similarly, you'd be taking a risk by accepting an offer from someone who is not only very well-qualified but also commercially-licensed and -insured to do the job. Just a thought.

There are lots of truly-professional transporters around and someone will likely give you suggestions soon. Good luck, and congratulations on the new trailer!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Mark. I’ve looked at online companies like Uship, and the reviews are not anything that makes me feel comfortable. Any direction based on experience would be helpful.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadically_inclined View Post
    Thanks for the reply Mark. I’ve looked at online companies like Uship, and the reviews are not anything that makes me feel comfortable. Any direction based on experience would be helpful.
    I just searched more for the thread here in which a couple of recommendations were made, still no luck.

NOT from any experience or good recommendation, but have you seen this company in Minnesota? Stumbled on them while searching for "RV transport" in Google.

https://wehaulrvtransport.com/transp...travel-trailer

Good luck. Hope others with experience will jump in soon.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of the RV transport companies are out of Elkhart, IN. Call one of them. Horizon, MDZ Trucking, etc. One of the friends here in Western Kentucky works for Horizon. Most of the drivers like traveling to florida. They usually stay for several days before heading back home so you shouldn't have trouble finding someone.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Indiana Transport to haul all of our RV's to us from the factories.

They will also do private hauls. Very reasonable also.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many dealerships will do that for $$. They just hook up and pull them.