User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CD/DVD Won't Load and Play

Hi, all. I have a new Momentum 25G Travel Trailer with a Jensen JWM40 entertainment system. On my first trip this week to an area of central Idaho with no radio or tv reception, I found that I couldn't get a CD or DVD to load and play. The disc would start to load but then would stop loading and the system would return to the radio. I tried many times but to no avail. The system had worked fine previous to this trip. I wondered if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi, all. I have a new Momentum 25G Travel Trailer with a Jensen JWM40 entertainment system. On my first trip this week to an area of central Idaho with no radio or tv reception, I found that I couldn't get a CD or DVD to load and play. The disc would start to load but then would stop loading and the system would return to the radio. I tried many times but to no avail. The system had worked fine previous to this trip. I wondered if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.
    I haven't seen others here reporting a complete failure to load, but there are plenty of other complaints about the Jensen junk factory radio.

We bought a Sony Blu-ray player for under $100. It came with a well-designed, usable, responsive, remote control (unlike the Jensen's) and of course we can play Blu-rays, not just DVDs.

While you're out shopping, we also bought a Visio sound bar with wireless rear speakers and a sub-woofer for (IIRC) under $200 at Costco. It's wired to give us our TV and Blu-ray sound and also has Bluetooth support so we can play our mobile devices' libraries and internet radio through it. Our factory radio is not used at all any more.

Not likely the kind of reply you're hoping for, but it's posted with the best of intentions. Good luck with your choices, including getting your radio repaired if that's what you decide to do.
    Last edited by boyscout; 08-22-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Jensen JWM70A kept getting worse and worse. Started by not loading DVDs but if it did the video was all messed up. Radio and CD did work but now it rarely is able to load a CD or DVD and if it does no sound comes out of it. Now the radio has no sound. It is only wired for channel A and C, C being the outside speakers. I've reset it and chased all the wires for channel A (inside speakers) and they are fine. Temporally installed a car Radio/CD unit I had and connected to the interior wires, plays and works great. Its the Jensen unit thats bad.

Not sure I want to get another one under warranty. Doing a search I can find new ones cheap, Amazon has them for $196.84. Comments I've read people have had multiple units go bad. Not sure what we will do. We have a separate Blu-Ray DVD player we connect direct to the TV when we want to watch one of our movies but it wont play CDs. I have a couple of car stereos (AMFMCD) I could install in the Jensen's place.

In our old Imagine 2950RL it had a Furrion Unit, wasn't the greatest but it worked.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I haven't seen others here reporting a complete failure to load, but there are plenty of other complaints about the Jensen junk factory radio.

We bought a Sony Blu-ray player for under $100. It came with a well-designed, usable, responsive, remote control (unlike the Jensen's) and of course we can play Blu-rays, not just DVDs.

While you're out shopping, we also bought a Visio sound bar with wireless rear speakers and a sub-woofer for (IIRC) under $200 at Costco. It's wired to give us our TV and Blu-ray sound and also has Bluetooth support so we can play our mobile devices' libraries and internet radio through it. Our factory radio is not used at all any more.

Not likely the kind of reply you're hoping for, but it's posted with the best of intentions. Good luck with your choices, including getting your radio repaired if that's what you decide to do.
    Hey Mark was that the SB3651-E6 $199.99 you got from Costco?
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jensen units are simply terrible. The remote is ridiculous and nothing about the operation is at all intuitive. Like others here, have a Sony BR player for movies. We have never used the Jensen without being hooked up, so 12V operation is not important. Looking for an inexpensive home theatre setup that will give us all the functionality and sound that we need.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Hey Mark was that the SB3651-E6 $199.99 you got from Costco?
    Steve, I didn't buy the Blu-ray player at Costco - I bought the Visio sound bar there.

The Blu-ray player came from Best Buy in Canada where it cost under $100, so it would probably cost WELL under $100 in the U.S. Sorry, I don't remember the model number. I wasn't looking for much in the way of features. It's plugged into an inexpensive HDMI switch controller that feeds the TV and has it's own remote that's easy to use and communicates well (unlike the remote for the Jensen radio/DVD player). It has worked well and been all we need. YMMV.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Steve, I didn't buy the Blu-ray player at Costco - I bought the Visio sound bar there.

The Blu-ray player came from Best Buy in Canada where it cost under $100, so it would probably cost WELL under $100 in the U.S. Sorry, I don't remember the model number. I wasn't looking for much in the way of features. It's plugged into an inexpensive HDMI switch controller that feeds the TV and has it's own remote that's easy to use and communicates well (unlike the remote for the Jensen radio/DVD player). It has worked well and been all we need. YMMV.
    Thanks Mark, I was out on Costco;s web site looking for the Visio sound bar you spoke about, found one for $199.99, thats the model number I was referring too. Found the same thing on Amazon. Might be what we need, thanks for suggesting it. We could hook the TV and our cell phones to the Visio sound bar. That would give us our phone play lists and Sat radio to. Use the TV audio out hooked to the sound bar would give us DVD sound through the Visio. Don't need to go too all out, after all we are only about 8 foot from the TV in the living area.
    I took the Jensen out, doesn't work anyway, and I had an older Blaupunkt car stereo (AMFMCD), put it in place for now , still sounds great, might leave it in there. Had it in our yard sale for $5, nobody wanted it.
    The little free standing Blu-Ray DVD player we got somewhere a while back since the Jensen wont do Blu-Ray, fits about in the palm of your hand and has a remote, hooked directly to TV via cheap HDMI cable for movies, works great.

Based on feedback I just cant see replacing the Jensen with another Jensen.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Thanks Mark, I was out on Costco;s web site looking for the Visio sound bar you spoke about, found one for $199.99, thats the model number I was referring too.
    Sorry, don't know why I leapt to the assumption you were talking about the Blu-ray.

I also don't know the model of Visio sound bar we got. It included the bar plus a wireless subwoofer and rear speakers for under $200. Still going strong... my only complaint about it is that it didn't keep working after its power cord was severed by the TV's power lift. (Lots of zip-ties now prevent that.) We do as you've described, connecting it to TV sound via HDMI cable and connecting our mobile devices wirelessly to it via Bluetooth. Amazing for the price. We did find that the rear speakers distracted from good sound in the small space of the trailer - they were too close to us when watching - so we don't use them anymore.

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sony 1700 BR player is under $75CDN, about $60US - if you can find one, the 1100 or 1200 is often under $50.

The Visio 3651 from Costco is $200CDN, should be less in the US unless there are some Chinese country of origin tariffs on it. Neighbour has the Visio previous generation in his house, works well.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a separate Blue Ray player and after the factory TCL tv died I replaced it with a smart tv. The sound is tied into the factory Furrion player.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast