User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Jensen player just stopped work on our last trip.
    I just reported it to the dealer for replacement under warranty. We'll see what happens.

The player will do everything but play the DVD. The DVD goes in, activates the tv but nothing happens after that.

We have a spare small DVD player for backup for now. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exact same symptoms, failure to play DVD, JWM40 in our 17MKE. Not sure what we're gonna do, still have some warranty. Disappointed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to circle back and report, we went to Costco's yesterday and bought the Vizio SB3651 sound bar system, on sale for $149 that @boyscout talked about. This works great. Thank you for recommending it. Its a 5.1 surround sound system. Comes with a 35 inch sound bar, sub-woofer and two small back channel speakers. Also comes with a remote control and a box full of cables for different kinds of connections to the TCL TV. Also comes with some small mounting blocks to mount the sound bar and the two small back channel speakers. The sound bar connects to the sub-woofer via WiFi.

A long time ago we bought a small inexpensive Blu-Ray DVD player just to play movies, (the jensen will not play Blu-Ray DVDs) The DVD is connected to the TCL TV HDMI 1 input. I connected the Vizio Sound bar to the TCL TV optical "output" using the Vizio supplied optical cable. So now if we play a DVD, we get excellent surround sound. We can connect our cell phones to the soundbar through Bluetooth to play downloaded music. Or if watching just the TV using the antenna or cable TV we get excellent surround sound. The sound bar is 35 inches and fits right below the TV. This thing works great!
    I took the Jensen out and threw it away, installed an older Blaupunkt AM,FM,CD car stereo I had in the same hole the Jensen was with a wood adapter plate I made. I connected it to the RV internal speakers only.

Man this new system sounds great!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a T@B 400 with the JWM40 and have always had issues with the DVD player. If you Google it, it is a common issue. Luckily, there is one nice feature about the JWM40, it has ARC. This means whatever is plugged into the TV, it will send the audio back to the stereo and you can hear it through the camper speakers rather than just the TV. So I purchased a small DVD player. I plugged it into the TV and because of ARC, the sound plays through the camper speakers as if it were comping from the DVD player on the JWM40. I looked into buying a different unit and replacing the JWM40 but fixed the problem with a trip to Walmart and $40 rather than pulling out the JWM40 and splicing wires and such.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USFBULLFAN View Post
    I have a T@B 400 with the JWM40 and have always had issues with the DVD player. If you Google it, it is a common issue. Luckily, there is one nice feature about the JWM40, it has ARC. This means whatever is plugged into the TV, it will send the audio back to the stereo and you can hear it through the camper speakers rather than just the TV. So I purchased a small DVD player. I plugged it into the TV and because of ARC, the sound plays through the camper speakers as if it were comping from the DVD player on the JWM40. I looked into buying a different unit and replacing the JWM40 but fixed the problem with a trip to Walmart and $40 rather than pulling out the JWM40 and splicing wires and such.
    We like the ARC too. RV speakers sound better then the tv speakers. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 3000qb tested my Jensen completely in driveway for weeks on end
    Disc etc. I get to my first outing and stereo works, aux 2 (tv sound) works. But when I loaded a dvd the video would come up and there is like a feedback sound coming through speakers. I pulled head unit and checked connection all seem fine.
    Gonna change out that cable and see what happens. Smh()

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortCUT207 View Post
    2020 3000qb tested my Jensen completely in driveway for weeks on end
    Disc etc. I get to my first outing and stereo works, aux 2 (tv sound) works. But when I loaded a dvd the video would come up and there is like a feedback sound coming through speakers. I pulled head unit and checked connection all seem fine.
    Gonna change out that cable and see what happens. Smh()
    After testing new cables that did not clear it up. I finally unplugged the main harness from it and RE plugged it in. And that cleared it up. The sound over the speakers I was hearing was like a bad ground and apparently that’s what it was. The strange thing is that it was only affecting the dvd portion of the unit. Idk. I’m just posting what I experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12