User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bearing inspection

I get my new Reflection soon. Can hardly wait. While I was going through the 'familiarization' of it I was given a paper that was a list of owner responsibilities. This included checking the bearings before each trip. I asked the kid doing the walk through what was meant by that, if I am suppose to pull it apart, jack it up and spin it and listen for noise or what... he told me to take the cap off and make sure there was enough grease. By the time I was done with the walk through there were so many more of those type of questions that I forgot to ask the dealer about the bearings. So here I am, asking this wealth of knowledge,
    What is expected as far as inspecting the bearings? Every other trailer I have ever owned I did a inspect / repack once a year unless there was some sort of issue.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be on the safe side you should do a visual inspection and manually repack the bearings every year or 12k miles. If you search the forum for bearing maintenance or something similar you will find lots of good information on the subject. Also, dont use the ez lube fitting, it could eventually push grease out of the seal and contaminate your brakes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH