User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an SOB 5th wheel that came with a cheap Jensen 965 stereo and an 8" Jensen sub. It had the small paper 4" speakers in the ceiling but actually sounded great.
    I would go the 12V powered sub as a cheap solution.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally understandable to improve the audio quality, our 2150RB has a Jensen40, it is ideal for 12v audio needs, but fidelity is pretty much non-existent. putting in a sub is akin to lip stick on a pig, iMO. If it works for you, that’s all that counts. Most times we are attempting to watch TV it seems the audio is muffled by the AC running, fidelity is the least of our worries.
    On a trip where we knew we had hookups but virtually no OTA TV and no WiFi, I took along an old Apple TV box I had. It pairs with mobile device which was loaded with some movies and other “recorded” TV show downloads.
    The TCL is about to end up in my outdoor kitchen, being replaced by a 32” smart set, probably a Vizio, under $200CDN and the ability to mirror without the Apple box. I’ve been considering installing a 120v system like a Bose, soundbar or 5.1. In the meantime, my wireless head phones allow me to listen with the AC pretty much negated and it allows SWMBO and my neighbours, to nap or sleep while I enjoy a program.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed a Yamaha soundbar. Found it at Costco on sale for $120
    Sounds great. Has built in subwoofers that are surprisingly good. Sound isway better than Furrion system. Bypassed Furrion and will probably replace it with a decent sound system just for music. I hate the Furrion remote. I had to raise the tv bracket an inch to accommodate the sound bar below. Velcrod the sound bar in place to prevent movement. Looks like it was made for the tv.
    Furrion sucks 😁

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I elected to go with a Yamaha sound bar with no sub. It sounds excellent in such a small space. Low end is not great but a huge improvement over no low end at all. I moved the TV mounting bracket up about an inch to make room for the soundbar on the shelf. I used a strip of adhesive Velcro to keep the sound bar from sliding off in transit.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you send a pic or to? I assume you bypassed Furrion unit

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Callahan View Post
    Can you send a pic or to? I assume you bypassed Furrion unit
    Assuming you're asking me. Unfortunately, my trailer if in storage and I don't have any pictures of my setup. I did bypass the Furion. The TV and Blu Ray are connected via HDMI and music is streamed to the sound bar. I purchased it refurbished on Amazon for $100 but that deal is currently unavailable. Here is a link for the same unit at full price:
    https://www.amazon.com/ATS-1080-Chan.../dp/B07HY9MTCF
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took some pictures of the cabinet where I want to put the subwoofer before taking the trailer to storage for the Winter. Finding a powered sub will be my winter camping project. I attached a couple pics of where there is some space at the bottom right of the cabinet. The space is about 9"W x 14"H. I would like to mount an enclosed speaker in that space, which could include the amp or could have a separate amp that I can mount to the inside wall. I'm thinking a 8" sub would be plenty for that small space. I don't need bass-thumping, just something to fill in the bottom end down to around 80Hz-100Hz or so.

I 've been looking at powered subwoofers for cars, but most are in a large box or are meant to go under the seat. I wonder if there's anything out there I can mount to that cabinet wall?

One pic shows the front of the cabinet and the space on the lower right, the other is the shoe storage spot next to the door which is the back side of that cabinet bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0027.jpg   DSC_0032.jpg  
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 5er for 6 years that had a Jensen powered sub. worked fantastic. I know Jensen gets a bad rap, but the sub was pretty darn good.
    https://www.asaelectronics.com/jense...subwoofer.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    I took some pictures of the cabinet where I want to put the subwoofer before taking the trailer to storage for the Winter. Finding a powered sub will be my winter camping project. I attached a couple pics of where there is some space at the bottom right of the cabinet. The space is about 9"W x 14"H. I would like to mount an enclosed speaker in that space, which could include the amp or could have a separate amp that I can mount to the inside wall. I'm thinking a 8" sub would be plenty for that small space. I don't need bass-thumping, just something to fill in the bottom end down to around 80Hz-100Hz or so.

I 've been looking at powered subwoofers for cars, but most are in a large box or are meant to go under the seat. I wonder if there's anything out there I can mount to that cabinet wall?

One pic shows the front of the cabinet and the space on the lower right, the other is the shoe storage spot next to the door which is the back side of that cabinet bottom.
    I found a sub/amp kit that I am going to buy and install next Spring. I will install the speaker next to the air duct on the bottom right, and the amp on the inside of the shoe storage area. Here's a link... I think this will work great!

KICKER 44CWCD84 CompC 8" 400w DVC Car Audio Subwoofer Sub+Mono Amplifier+Amp Kit
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123