User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arvika Bike rack

Maybe someone from customer service can answer. Will an ARVIKA bike rack affect my warranty on the 368RD?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just bolt onto the pinbox, don't they?

Can't imagine it would affect warranty if it isn't welded to anything.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

pwrplay
    Knowing Lippert, YES! But honestly, it's not an issue. It bolts on using the existing bolt holes. I'm not sure if Arvika includes longer or stronger bolts, but you can call their customer service and they will answer any of your questions. I was going to get one for our Reflection but we have a short box and the 4 bike model which we need would stick out too far and hit the truck cab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never knew you could buy Bicycle racks for the pin box - Thanks

Wow! these are cool bicycle racks. I have always seen versions of these on my travels but never knew a company actually makes them. Thanks for posting this issue.

Thanks
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you solve this issues? If so, please post the rack you purchased & info obtained

Everyone could benefit from your experience selecting one of these bicycle racks for a 5th wheel so please post the information you obtained from Lippert or other companies. If you haven't solved it, lets start this up again because Im interested in these ARVIKA products.

Quote Originally Posted by Phansen404 View Post
    Maybe someone from customer service can answer. Will an ARVIKA bike rack affect my warranty on the 368RD?
    From my discussions with Lippert and Grand Design RV, modifications to the Lippert frame will void the warranty and that is something you definitly do not want to do. My last trailer developed a bad weld after 6 years and Lippert fixed it under warranty, only after verifying I did not modify the frame by welding a bike hitch to the rear frame or the pin box.

Lippert does not allow anything to be welded to their frame or any hitch to be added to the rear of their frame as it changes they camber and weight distribution thereby weakening their frame. Lippert may have a facility to do this but I never asked.

Bolting a rack to existing holes on the pin box may be allowed; however, I would get remission first by emailing [email protected] or calling them at 574-537-8900. I received an email authorizing me to attach a "toylok" to the pin box.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the question I submitted to Lippert:
    If I attached a Arvika Bicycle rack to the pinbox, will that affect my warranty? The rack is attached using the same bolt holes currently in the pinbox. On the other end, If I attached a bracket to hold a receiver (not for towing) to the square bumper using u-bolts and used a hitch haul or a receiver mounted bicycle rack, would that affect my warranty? What would be the weight limit to the hitch haul or bicycle rack?

Here's the answer from Gary Stillwell from Lippert:
    the pin box mounted rack is not an option i would think you would want. this will affect your warranty chassis wide.

if you do not currently have a spare tire mounted to your 4 square bumper, it is OK to add a small receiver to it. the weight limit on the bumper is 100# and this includes your rack. if you can stay within these requirements, you will be just fine. if you have a spare on your bumper, may want to purchase an under mount spare tire rack and you can put it as close to the axles as possible. this will work as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Phansen! this answers a lot of questions we owners have had concerning mounting bike racks to the bumper.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250