Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time RVers picking up new (to us) Imagine 2500RL

We've been camping for many years. Started out in a pop-up when I was a kid. Our family purchased our first pop-up in 1991. Traveled all over the country in our pop-ups with 5 kids. As the kids started leaving the nest, we decided to change and purchased a hybrid trailer in 2013. Decided that wasn't for us and changed to a regular travel trailer in 2017.

When purchasing our trailer back in 2017 we never looked at any Grand Design because they were too big for the truck I had at the time. Since then I have bought a larger truck and have more flexibility for what we can look at.

My wife and I enjoy walking around campgrounds looking at the different rigs. I saw Imagines and always thought they looked like a good trailer so I went to the website and looked at the different floor plans (just for fun ). Saw the 2500RL and told my wife I felt like that would be the perfect floor plan for us if we ever wanted to change. At that time we had no intention to change, we really liked our trailer. We camp a lot and during one of our trips this summer got to thinking our trailer was a little small for all of the time we were spending in it (only 23 feet total length). While on a 3 week trip to Land Between the Lakes in western KY, we saw a couple of Imagines in the campground and got to talking to the owners. Of course they wanted to show us their trailers. One of them was the 2500RL and we liked the layout. My wife wasn't sure about the walk-through bath though.

Well, that planted the seed so we started visiting dealers and looking at trailers again (not just Grand Design but all sorts). Spent a lot of time online looking at different floor plans and models. Came up with a list of possibilities and started checking them out. Well, about this time I saw on Craigslist a 2018 2500RL a couple of hours away from us. Looked like it was in great shape and a great price. By this time, my wife had come to the conclusion it was the floor plan she liked the best. Well, we went and looked at the one advertised and the rest is history.

Came home and advertised our trailer on Craigslist and sold it in less than 2 days. Now we don't have to worry about having 2 trailers and all of the headaches that go with it. Picking up our new trailer next Monday. Taking it for a couple of day trial only about 2 miles from where we have storage. Gives us a chance to figure it all out.
    2018 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 F150 with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy the Imagine. They have some fantastic floorplans.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnmatt View Post
    While on a 3 week trip to Land Between the Lakes in western KY, we saw a couple of Imagines in the campground and got to talking to the owners.
    Congratulations on your new Imagine and welcome to the forum. We've camped at Canal Campground in Grand Rivers, KY (Corps of Engineers) numerous times - in a tent, a bigger tent, a pop-up, a smaller travel trailer, and now in our Imagine. We're looking forward to the restaurant at Patti's opening back up.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch