User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florida E-Pass extra works in 18 eastern states, discount is only in Central Florida, but works in all Eastern States with EZ-Pass. We just used it on our spring trip doing the whole East coast from Florida to Maine and was a breeze! https://www.cfxway.com/e-pass-xtra/
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never traveled Rt 70 so I can't comment on that. Have traveled several times on Rt 80 with no problems including Chicago area. Just hit at the right time.
    Now, depending on what you what to do and in which direction will determine best route. If you what to hit Elkhart area you might what to travel 80. I think the GD tour is good if you are hitting the RV museum. Hitting Rt 86 in lower NY is a good option. Stay at the Allegheny State Park. Niagara Falls is an easy day trip from there depending on how much time you want to spend there. Passports if you go into Canada. Taking 86 to 88 will get you in the Oneonta area. From there you could have easy day trips to Cooperstown one day and Hyde Park another. Brooks' House of BBQ is a great stop. Get the half chicken plate.
    From there you can take 88 to Albany pick up 87 for a little. Getting to Maine could be a couple of different routes depending on what you may want to do. Rt 9 or 4 could be used that aren't too bad but two lane. Again depending on what you would like to do. LLBean flagship store in along the way. Old Orchard Beach.
    Acadia is great. Lots of hiking and bring bikes if you can as the carriage roads are great to ride bikes. Breakfast in Bar Harbor is Jordan's. Blueberry pancakes are great.
    Just ideas and all depends on what and when. Above saves some tolls. Enjoy.
    D & J
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2014 F350, 6.7, Anderson Ultimate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other word of caution, I’d highly recommend that you start reserving campgrounds now in the North East, especially near Acadia. Sites book up fast around here & you may get shut out if you don’t plan accordingly.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in MA have a seasonal site in ME and have traveled back and forth to IN a few times. I-90 with EZ Pass is the only way to go. By the time you drive around you’ll spend the same in fuel as tolls.
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    One other word of caution, I’d highly recommend that you start reserving campgrounds now in the North East, especially near Acadia. Sites book up fast around here & you may get shut out if you don’t plan accordingly.
    It is hard to reserve when we don't have a definite time plan. Retired and don't want to be stuck with having to rush from place to place. We haven't decided what to see on the way out or back.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What recommendation for campgrounds and other things to see around the different areas?
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    What recommendation for campgrounds and other things to see around the different areas?
    LL Bean store in Freeport, everything outdoors you can imagine. Ain’t cheap gut they have good stuff.

Maine Maritime Museum in Bath. Well worth an afternoon IMO.

On Acadia there are lots of things to do, Bar Harbor is a tourist town with dozens and dozens of souvenir shops, restaurants, and such, there are also whale watching tours that go out on boats. Cadillac mountain is one of those things you just have to do, great views of the surrounding area. There are hiking trails in the park. Just driving the perimeter of the island is fun with some very pretty views of the ocean and small harbors.

For campsites, When we up there last we were on Motorcycles with the Mini pop up campers and the only campground I recall that we used where you could get in with an RV was the KOA on Acadia. It is just onto the island and is a good campground. At the time we were there a fellow was doing lobster dinners right in the middle of the campground and did the best job of preparing a lobster I have had. He steamed them on a bed of seaweed over salt water. There was also a lobster pound just before the causeway to Acadia that was pretty good.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Many campgrounds on Mt.Desert Island, but all will require a reservation with the exception of Bar Harbor CG that is strictly first come first served. Big CG With a variety of sites, haven’t been shut out yet.
    Coastal suggestions good, don’t neglect NH’s White Mountains

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Bar Harbor Mt Desert Narrows is a great campground. Great people good sites and after Labor Day never had a problem getting in.
    There is also Narrows Too in Trenton. Further away from town more expensive but nice place.
    There a few campgrounds in Freeport near LL Bean. Freeport Village is great. Mostly seasonal site but do have some for over nite. Really quite and great owners!!
    But I might be a little biased since this is where my seasonal site is 😉
    Great area. Where ever you end up enjoy the scenery!!!
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on Mt Desert Narrows, spent two weeks there this Spring.

Mount Washington in New Hampshire is worth seeing as well, bring a coat though!
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast