Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide trim peeling off

We have a 2019 Imagine 2970RL. Only 6 months old. The contact paper like material on the slide trim pieces is shrinking and peeling away from the backing material. Has anyone experienced this problem? It seems to be getting worse with the trailer sitting in the sun here in Sacramento.

I have attached a picture for you to review.

I appreciate any help or idea
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imagine interior.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	22113

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The contact paper should be under the corner cover plate or whatever it is called, shouldn’t it? If the unit is only 6 months off the lot that would be under warranty I’d think. Others from the SW or SE might have seen something similar.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have vent covers installed, like MaxxAir covers?

They do wonders for leaving the trailer vent, and the humidity won't build up as much.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa! I hope they cover that.
    Oh great, yet another thing for me to worry about on my rig.

Best of luck with that issue and please be sure to post back here once you have it resolved.
    If some is good, then more is better, and too much is just right! ~ Shayf
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2002 Suburban 1500 4x4
    2004 Silverado 2500HD 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should fix it under warranty I would think but If they don't fix it I would try paint, it might stick better. remove sticky and paint with a good quality paint and maybe dry brush with another color to look woodgrain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the same thing happening on mine. But lower on the wall close to the heater. Mine is a 2019 and out of warranty (bought used).
    I will just peel it off and paint it after it gets worse.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe it has taken me this long to respond to my post, but I'm not on this forum very much. We called Grand Design and they were terrific with their service. We took it to a great RV shop in Newcastle, CA called Affordable RV. They took pictures of the 8 trim pieces on both slides that were pealing. I also mentioned that we were not thrilled with the air pockets on the roof, so they snapped pictures of the roof area also. They seemed confident that GD would make this right, considering at the time we had only owned the trailer for 6 months. Received a phone call back and GD agreed to make 8 new trim panels and replace the roof with a PVC product.
    2019 Imagine 2970RL
    2017 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7L diesel, SRW, short bed
    Pungo 120 Kayaks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very interesting and alarming. I haven’t noticed any major issues with my slide panels - a few small bubbles but not major. My interest would be the roof issue. Can you post a picture of the roof air pockets you mentioned. My roof has a few air pockets that seem to stick down if you take the time to press them down. Weird issue in my mind. Are they replacing the entire roof membrane?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVOntario View Post
    This is very interesting and alarming. I haven’t noticed any major issues with my slide panels - a few small bubbles but not major. My interest would be the roof issue. Can you post a picture of the roof air pockets you mentioned. My roof has a few air pockets that seem to stick down if you take the time to press them down. Weird issue in my mind. Are they replacing the entire roof membrane?
    I don't have any pictures of the roof bubbles. They were small, mostly under an inch, but at least a 150 of them covered the entire roof area. The repair shop pulled everything off the roof, including the membrane. The wood sheeting underneath was damaged because of the glue the manufacturer uses to glue down the membrane. It was clear that the glue job was horrible which caused all the bubbles. They sanded the existing sheeting to give them a smooth surface to glue down new sheeting which they then glued the new PVC material roof. Paperwork says its guaranteed for 15 years, of course not the labor probably. It's a beautiful roof. Now the one danger is walking on it. It is ok to walk on the material but any moisture on the roof turns it into a slippery nightmare. Even a light dew from overnight makes for a dangerous adventure. But who climbs up on the roof that much.

So I will say that GD really stepped up on the item and the 8 facia panels on the inside slide that pealed. One other fix was a new hutch counter top. When the large dining slide was retracted it went all the way in and rubbed a rather large bare area on the corner of the hutch counter. They sent a new countertop that was simply cut 1/2" shorter. So as of now I don't have much to gripe about on the trailer.
    2019 Imagine 2970RL
    2017 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7L diesel, SRW, short bed
    Pungo 120 Kayaks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you absolutely have to walk on your new PVC roof when wet or damp put some felt on the bottom of your shoes. Possibly get a pair of cheap sneakers and glue some felt to the bottom. Leave them in the trailer. The felt prevents slipping on slippery surfaces. Would also be more friendly to a roof membrane. Happy to hear things got resolved.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast