Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Results matter, and that looks good.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Results matter, and that looks good.
    Thank you sir. This forum and its experts have given me the confidence to do stuff like this.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job and thanks for responding back Tim.

I went ahead and took mine off and replaced it, reinstalled. Not too difficult. Good to know it can be done with them installed.

I replaced my damaged one. The others are still in good shape, but I've got plenty of material now to replace as they develop issues.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Good job and thanks for responding back Tim.

I went ahead and took mine off and replaced it, reinstalled. Not too difficult. Good to know it can be done with them installed.

I replaced my damaged one. The others are still in good shape, but I've got plenty of material now to replace as they develop issues.

Mike
    Next time I have to do this, I may take it off also, just to see which method is easier. Like you, I also have plenty of material for when the next event occurs.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH with a dealer installed Solera 1000 series slide awning (installed when I bought the camper). I recently noticed that, when extending the slide, the awning was rubbing on the top of the slide trim molding and making the slide a little jerky on extension. On inspection I found a small hole in the awning where the trim molding was tearing it. I also saw that the trim molding was developing a fault line.

I called Lippert (maker of Solera awnings) and got a recommendation. They advised me to rotate the hexagonal arms one click, or sixty degrees, away from the camper. I think that solved the awning rubbing issue but now the awning sticks out several inches when the slide is closed. The connector arms (that connect the hexagonal bars to the awning) are now parallel to the ground. There is about six inches of unrolled awning material.

Does anyone have any concerns or reservations about driving down the highway with about six inches of awning unrolled? Attached are two pics, a Before pic showing the slide extended with the awning rubbing on the trim molding and the molding fault line, and a second pic showing the slide awning after the adjustment, with the slide fully closed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awning before repair.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	47735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awning after repair.jpg 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	47736

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wpelfrey View Post
    I have a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH with a dealer installed Solera 1000 series slide awning (installed when I bought the camper). I recently noticed that, when extending the slide, the awning was rubbing on the top of the slide trim molding and making the slide a little jerky on extension. On inspection I found a small hole in the awning where the trim molding was tearing it. I also saw that the trim molding was developing a fault line.

I called Lippert (maker of Solera awnings) and got a recommendation. They advised me to rotate the hexagonal arms one click, or sixty degrees, away from the camper. I think that solved the awning rubbing issue but now the awning sticks out several inches when the slide is closed. The connector arms (that connect the hexagonal bars to the awning) are now parallel to the ground. There is about six inches of unrolled awning material.

Does anyone have any concerns or reservations about driving down the highway with about six inches of awning unrolled? Attached are two pics, a Before pic showing the slide extended with the awning rubbing on the trim molding and the molding fault line, and a second pic showing the slide awning after the adjustment, with the slide fully closed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awning before repair.jpg 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	47735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awning after repair.jpg 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	47736
    I feel like that's asking for the topper to tear.

Seems like a poor install by the dealer. Might take it back to them and ask them for a solution (like fabricating a spacer behind the mount to create space).
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yours very much looks like our issue with the kitchen slide. I had to pivot ours to make it clear the slide too. I ordered the Lippert Anti-Billowing Kit just to be on the safe side. Mine doesn't stick out quite as far as yours though. The other two are not an issue.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234