User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Quartzsite, Arizona is the RV mecca in January. The largest gathering of RVs in the world (and a Grand Design rally)..... "This tiny desert hamlet of fewer than 4000 people draws RVs from all over the country, even the world, with an exciting array of activities and events specifically designed for those who traveling in a tiny home on wheels. What RVers really seem to appreciate about Quartzsite is the space."

https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

Attachment 22861
    Wow
    That's a lot of RV she in that pic

Otto
    Otto @ Susan
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoN4it View Post
    Wow
    That's a lot of RV she in that pic

Otto
    That's in town, right at the big tent show.....always very crowded right there. A few miles out there's a little more space. The Grand Design Rally is a boondocking experience (no hookups). You're just out there in the desert with a bunch of other Grand Design owners.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoN4it View Post
    Hello all
    Tired of putting out fires so retiring end of the year. Going full time. Will have lots of questions.
    1st off. What's going on in this big, great country in January and which direction do I go.
    2nd. How far ahead do I need to look for a place to stay.
    2 of 10,000 questions

May we all travel with a tail wind
    Thanks
    Otto
    Have a great time! We are not far behind.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Winter time, the three popular states are Florida, southern Texas and Southern Ariz. (Phoenix, Yuma or Tucson areas). We've been to all three in the winter months with only a few weeks advance reservations. I'm retired so I don't want to be locked in to reservaations to far in advance.

You may not be able to find anything in the "hot spot" areas on short notice and Florida seemed to be the most limited......a smaller state with many, many Canadians that come down each winter. Ariz. is easy and if you get close to Tucson or Phoenix then there's still plenty to do all winter. I spent last winter in my jeans and t-shirts at the Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park in Tucson. No reservations and $150 a week ($600 a month) includes electricity. The only place I found that you can stay 30 days or more and don't have to pay seperate for electricity and very affordable compared to most.
    Just curious, why not New Mexico for the winter? Haven't heard much about that state.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Just curious, why not New Mexico for the winter? Haven't heard much about that state.
    Deming NM Jan average high temp 56, low 28.
    Las Cruces NM Jan average high 57 low 32
    Phoenix AZ Jan high temp 67 low 46
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we first retired we traveled all about the western and south western US. As we aged (I did, DW did not -- she is holding at 39), we started staying longer and longer at one place, Now we stay 5 months or longer at Sunbeam Lake RV resort near El Centro, CA. We have a home in the mountains of Colorado (with full hook-ups on our huge patio over looking a valley) so we are 1/2 timers. DW would not give up her nest. I have high hopes that I can continue to drive our rig south for some years yet. DW's sister and our brother-in-law join us each winter and they are hoping the same thing. We all are starting to study up on park models. Nice thing about Sunbeam Lake is we pay a special rate for the season and the same site is reserved for us. We will be heading south the 25th of Oct. unless snow is forecast. I refuse to haul the rig in snow. Been there, refuse to be there again. We have also discussed leaving our rig down there all year but the summers are mean.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, congrats on retiring. Second, in January it is all about the southwest. Quartzsite is a huge gathering. Plus look at all the places in AZ. You can visit when it is cool. I mean Tombstone, Bigsby, and such, come spring it is all about northern AZ. Then you travel by climate. We tend to longterm areas, check into a big park and then use that as a base to see different attractions in the area till we decide to move on. I guess we are more of urban Rvers than most. But then we enjoy a month or two before we move on. Everyone develops their style of Rving. Some run in packs even. However you decide, remember it is all about freedom. Try hard not to be influenced to make decisions that hem you in.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park is a great base to explore all the surrounding area (Tombstone, Mt. Lemon is 8,200' just 24 miles from Tucson and an easy motorcycle ride in the winter months, Old Town Tucson, Nogales Mexico, etc.) and it's $150 a week and that includes electricity (the only place that I know of in southern Az. that includes elec.). They do not take reservations but there's always a space open. It has new restrooms, laundry room and dog parks.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123