User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making some extra storage behind the TV

We have a 2019 Imagine 2500RL. I decided to make some extra storage out of the wasted space behind the TV. I took the monitor panel off to see what was behind the wall where the tv mount is attached and to make some measurements. I laid out a 15" high by 18" rectangle in the paneling from the front side and about 1 inch away from the plywood backer for the tv mounting bracket. I cut the panel with a Stanley knife using a framing square as a guide. I made a door frame to match the other cabinets and used the panel piece I cut out as the center panel for the door. There are a lot of cables in the space and GD didn't do much in the way of cable routing. There was about a 12" hole in the paneling of the wall next to the microwave and the same in the floor where the stereo cables are routed. I bundled the cables as much as possible without cutting and extending them for better routing. I put in a false floor with a tunnel for the cables going to the monitor panel to protect and hide them. I glued a wood frame around the inside of the panel opening for reinforcement and to attache the closure. Hinges and pull were from Menards. I used ebony stain for the door, frame and panel for covering the wall hole. I made a panel to hide the hole in the wall as much as possible and still have the cables exit since they were too short to route properly. I figured the space would be good for storage of stuff we don't need access to all the time like paper products and such. Here are a few pictures of the finished job. I didn't think to take pictures to show what I started with and steps taken but it was a fairly simple project and I think cable management will be different for each rig, depending on how the factory slapped the cables and wires together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5817.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	22129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5819.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	22130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5818.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	22131
    Mike and Sally
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ram 1500
    Camco Eazlift R3 Recurve hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great...Nice work!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did something very similar to the outside tv/fridge area on my 29 RS. I moved the tv to the bedroom then took the wasted space and made shelves. To hide the wires I put a false back wall in.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a great place to anchor down a safe.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike&SallyG View Post
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2500RL. I decided to make some extra storage...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5817.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	22129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5819.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	22130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5818.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	22131
    Nice job! I have been contemplating the same job on our 29rs. And at the same time I would like to tap in a 12v receptacle and a USB jack.

Mike

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac View Post
    I did something very similar to the outside tv/fridge area on my 29 RS. I moved the tv to the bedroom then took the wasted space and made shelves. To hide the wires I put a false back wall in.
    Not to hijack this thread but... I have also been eyeing that space on our 29rs. Did you post a thread on that job? Got any pictures?

Mike