User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had two Truck Covers USA. American made, great quality. I also have a Curt Hitch with slider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdes View Post
    I have a roll n lock which also locks at various places. I too like to keep the front of the bed covered while towing works well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Can you send a link to the roll n lock?
    Greg & Mary
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    Brighton MI

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpallen View Post
    Can you send a link to the roll n lock?
    Search Roll-N-Lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dacannon226 View Post
    I've had two Truck Covers USA. American made, great quality. I also have a Curt Hitch with slider.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Y3D9wpIP0

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy with my backflip on 2015 Silverado. My only complaint would be the prop rods that hold in vertical when fully opened. The rods hold the cover against the cab and I don't like the idea of the cover rubbing on the back of the cab while driving. Just a little bit of grit on the pads and it will make a very ugly spot in the paint.

So I just don't use it that way. For me it's not a loss to have the last section down all the time. Other that that it's a good quality product.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I'm happy with my backflip on 2015 Silverado. My only complaint would be the prop rods that hold in vertical when fully opened. The rods hold the cover against the cab and I don't like the idea of the cover rubbing on the back of the cab while driving. Just a little bit of grit on the pads and it will make a very ugly spot in the paint.

So I just don't use it that way. For me it's not a loss to have the last section down all the time. Other that that it's a good quality product.
    My BackFilp touches the rear window when it’s folded up against the cab. It’s got four sections, maybe that’s the difference.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was leaning to the Bakflip F1 because of the dent resistance. I just got off the phone w/ a rep from Bak Industries and he said one of the downsides of the F1 is the gel coat finish can fade and/or show its age more so than the aluminum MX4. More pros/cons to think about. . . .

I also saw a YouTube video that showcased a new telescoping rod that would prop the last panel vertical (off the cab) instead of pushing it to onto the back of the cab. He said this was an early prototype that never made it to production. Too bad because that looked like a good idea.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like most things in life we have to compromise.

I also thought about the color fading when I got mine, so I got the painted aluminum finish. What I also got was hail damage about a week after I put it on. Later on I noticed that no matter how carefully I am, the panels slide on each other a little bit when I open or close it. Over time I got rub marks where the panels touch. I just turned half a century old last week and I'm finally realizing that nothing stays perfect forever. We all start to sag a little bit. So my cover isn't perfect anymore. I can live with some of it. The prop rods are a different story though. The bed and cab move quite a bit relative to each other and I just never thought it was a good idea to put the cover in the middle of that movement.

Since we're talking about the best covers out there, here is my ideal bed cover. It would be four molded fiberglass panels with color matched gel coat. They would be with stainless piano hinges with a flip over type rubber seal over the hinge. Prop rods would be integrated into the last panel and hold it securely vertical.... Oh, and it wouldn't cost half of what the the truck is worth... It's my dream, I can tell it how I want

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Bakflip is the FiberMax and it been on my Ram for three years and 59000 miles. The fiberglass shows no signs of fading yet. Where there has been metal to metal contact when folded, there is some wear. About 20000 to 25000 miles of its life has folded forward when towing the fifth wheel. I’m pleased enough with it to put one on my new Ram when it shows up in a few weeks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfox View Post
    I've used Auto Anything's brand of hard, folding cover on my last 2 Fords. It's made by BakFlip and just rebranded to Auto Anything. They have a 20% off right now BTW. It only applies to the Auto Anything brand of cover though, but well worth it. I also received free shipping.

Randy
    +1 on the Auto Anything Bak Flip. Call Auto Anything directly and you may gets additional discounts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast