User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    +1 on the Auto Anything Bak Flip. Call Auto Anything directly and you may gets additional discounts.
    Can't emphasize this enough. Go online and get your best deal (coupons etc.), make sure what you want is in your cart. The open a chat session and ask them what they can do to win your business right now. Easy-peasy and you don't have to speak with anyone.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Bakflip G2 on my long bed and it's a pain in the butt to open and close. I will admit you only have to open 3 of the 4 panels when towing a 5th wheel, but once again I have long bed truck so standard bed may need all panels open which would mean covering cab back window. If I had it to do over again I would get the Truxedo Deuce. I had it on an earlier truck when towing a 5th wheel and it's very easy to use. You can roll is up from the tail gate to cab or when closed you can open it from the cab end. I never had it unroll on me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for being a little late to thread. I got the linex LXP hard folding tonneau cover. It is almost identical to the bakflip mx4. It is actually made by the same parent company as bakflip. The reason I went with the linex brand is the panels are sprayed with linex bedline spray. This makes is both dent resistant /scratch resistant and resist fading. It also come with a full lifetime warranty. It does cost a bit more than the bakflip, but not much. If you shop around you can get it for a few hundred off msrp. I paid $900 with professional installation.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option for a hard cover is a Peragon.

For my RAM 3500 dually long bed, I don't need bed security but weather protection. I converted the 5er to a Goosebox because my other trailers are goosenecks and I like having the use of my bed when not out camping. I also have a custom diesel reserve tank/toolbox combo in the front of my bed that I need easy access to. So, for me, I am running a TruXedo Deuce soft cover. It's a split design where I can hinge open the front section alone, or roll the cover open for towing. It does mount with a rail system that protrudes from the rails into the bed - about 1.5" each side. However, clears the Goosebox fine, even at 90 degrees.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Another option for a hard cover is a Peragon.

For my RAM 3500 dually long bed, I don't need bed security but weather protection. I converted the 5er to a Goosebox because my other trailers are goosenecks and I like having the use of my bed when not out camping. I also have a custom diesel reserve tank/toolbox combo in the front of my bed that I need easy access to. So, for me, I am running a TruXedo Deuce soft cover. It's a split design where I can hinge open the front section alone, or roll the cover open for towing. It does mount with a rail system that protrudes from the rails into the bed - about 1.5" each side. However, clears the Goosebox fine, even at 90 degrees.

I have the same cover also with a toolbox mounted up front. Overall, I do like the versatility of being able to fold back the front to access the toolbox or roll the entire cover up when towing. The only negative is after 3 years of usage, the cover itself is fading despite my treating the vinyl with 303. My previous cover on my previous truck was the hard top, Fold-A-Cover which I liked. But that was more than double the price then the Duece.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I have the same cover also with a toolbox mounted up front. Overall, I do like the versatility of being able to fold back the front to access the toolbox or roll the entire cover up when towing. The only negative is after 3 years of usage, the cover itself is fading despite my treating the vinyl with 303. My previous cover on my previous truck was the hard top, Fold-A-Cover which I liked. But that was more than double the price then the Duece.
    Give TruXedo a call. The Deuce has a lifetime warranty.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ! Appreciate you telling me that.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234