User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Tonneau Cover for Fifth Wheel ?

I have a 2020 GMC 2500 HD on order. The only hitch available is a Curt slider. I am trying to understand which tonneau cover makes sense. I would like to have the bed partially covered while towing. I was thinking the soft roll up cover but afraid it will unroll in wind if traveling with it covering the bed up to the hitch. Maybe the fold up hard cover is better suited for this if I have items in the bed behind the cab. Would like to hear from others who have felt with this issue.
    Greg & Mary
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    Brighton MI

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t think you’ll find a soft roll up that can only be partially rolled back. Retrax is a hard aluminum cover that can be deployed in various spots on the bed. But it rolls up into a canister in front of the bed and takes away some bed space.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the BakFlip FiberMax hardcover tonneau on my Ram 3500 cc sb. It has four sections and I only fold up three sections when I’m towing. This leaves about 22” on the bed covered. That’s enough cover a pancake air compressor, a tool box and a 2200 watt generator.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a roll n lock which also locks at various places. I too like to keep the front of the bed covered while towing works well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tri-fold soft with a frame.

Folds at 2 spots and stays covering about 2 1/2- 3 feet when towing on my long bed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the soft cover with frame tri fold and it works perfectly. It covers the bed ahead of the hitch while it clears the trailer when hooked, when unhooked it covers everything quite nicely. It has locking clips to hold it in the folded position and it doesn’t flap or flop in the wind while driving with it in the folded position.

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/ton...tonneau-cover/
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpallen View Post
    I have a 2020 GMC 2500 HD on order. The only hitch available is a Curt slider. I am trying to understand which tonneau cover makes sense. I would like to have the bed partially covered while towing. I was thinking the soft roll up cover but afraid it will unroll in wind if traveling with it covering the bed up to the hitch. Maybe the fold up hard cover is better suited for this if I have items in the bed behind the cab. Would like to hear from others who have felt with this issue.
    Bakflip F1 folded for travel...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folded F1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	22145

Keeps my extra LP bottle and a cooler out of direct rain but not completely dry. Keeps my hitch covered when not in use also.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Left The Driveway Duck Hunt Dobber's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI to the original comments, BW Companion non-slider is now available for the new 2020 GM HD puck system, and slider is a couple weeks away. I’ve been pulling my 311BHS with non-slider PullRite single point 3900 for a month and have enough clearance to cab. Not impressed with the hitch though so my BW Companion arrives Tuesday. I’m in same boat as you right now trying to figure out which tonneau I want.
    Jason & Patti (plus 3 active sons)
    2020 Refection 311BHS 5th Wheel (7/2020 build date)
    2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD SRW w/ Duramax Crew Cab Std. Box (6/2020 build date)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Roll-n-Locks on my last 3 trucks. Never a problem and it will lock in different positions.

I have a buddy with a flip up semi-hard cover and he says he has to fold forward when hitching but then can't see the hitch when backing up (no rear camera to see into the bed). Not sure exactly what the issue is and not sure others have the same experience. Anyway - RnL gets my vote (and money) every time.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Auto Anything's brand of hard, folding cover on my last 2 Fords. It's made by BakFlip and just rebranded to Auto Anything. They have a 20% off right now BTW. It only applies to the Auto Anything brand of cover though, but well worth it. I also received free shipping.

Randy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast