User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 303RLS - Fridge quit working - thoughts?

Hello, All!

We brought our 303RLS back from a weekend trip last Sunday and I set everything up as normal at the house. I travel a lot and left out Monday morning and got a call from my wife late in the afternoon that the refrigerator had quit working. It is flashing an error code E3. I downloaded a code sheet from Dometic and holding the buttons as directed it shows LH which indicates there is a problem with the LAC. I believe that to be low ambient.

We have had the 5th wheel for about a year with absolutely zero issues...we love it. I am hoping this is something that I can fix myself as we are not in a position to take it to the dealership as they are about 3 hours away and have a trip to Myrtle Beach scheduled for next weekend. Also, dealership is backed up and we would have to leave it for an extended period of time.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    Steve and Jeneen (and Xyro our German Shepherd)
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited 4WD Crew Cab Dually
    HO Cummins and Ansin trans, factory auto-level suspension, factory 30k fifth wheel hitch
    Favorite vehicle in the garage - Kubota RTV1100 :cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try several things.

1. Remove all 12 volt power and 110 power for a few seconds in hopes it will reset
    2. Check the fuses(s) under the black cover on the back side of the fridge
    3. There may be a reset button on the burner flu. It will have 2 wires going to it and in between those is a small black button. Try to reset that.

Doing some reading online that looks like the best place to start.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelgas View Post
    Hello, All!

We brought our 303RLS back from a weekend trip last Sunday and I set everything up as normal at the house. I travel a lot and left out Monday morning and got a call from my wife late in the afternoon that the refrigerator had quit working. It is flashing an error code E3. I downloaded a code sheet from Dometic and holding the buttons as directed it shows LH which indicates there is a problem with the LAC. I believe that to be low ambient.

We have had the 5th wheel for about a year with absolutely zero issues...we love it. I am hoping this is something that I can fix myself as we are not in a position to take it to the dealership as they are about 3 hours away and have a trip to Myrtle Beach scheduled for next weekend. Also, dealership is backed up and we would have to leave it for an extended period of time.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    I assume you get the error regardless of if it is on propane or electric? Try the fuses and reset described by Tunnelgas, but failing that you might be able to get a mobile tech out quicker than taking it to the dealer? If your rig is in warranty Grand Design normally covers this except for the call out fee, which is probably worth it to you. If it is out of warranty, then you can call out whoever you want. If it is failing on both electric and propane I would suspect a board.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies Justa5th and ncitro!

I spent several hours yesterday addressing your suggestions above as well as searching other forum information. Unfortunately, nothing I did provided an instant fix.

However, late yesterday afternoon I pushed the small black reset button again, mainly out of frustration, and when to close up everything for the night the error code was off and the fridge was "running" on the LP side. Unfortunately, I went outside a few minutes ago and the error code E3 is flashing again.

Any additional suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
    Steve
    Steve and Jeneen (and Xyro our German Shepherd)
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited 4WD Crew Cab Dually
    HO Cummins and Ansin trans, factory auto-level suspension, factory 30k fifth wheel hitch
    Favorite vehicle in the garage - Kubota RTV1100 :cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelgas View Post
    Thanks for the replies Justa5th and ncitro!

I spent several hours yesterday addressing your suggestions above as well as searching other forum information. Unfortunately, nothing I did provided an instant fix.

However, late yesterday afternoon I pushed the small black reset button again, mainly out of frustration, and when to close up everything for the night the error code was off and the fridge was "running" on the LP side. Unfortunately, I went outside a few minutes ago and the error code E3 is flashing again.

Any additional suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
    Steve
    Unfortunately I have no further ideas for you. Please keep us updated on what the final outcome is. Good luck.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have used http://rvservicereviews.com/ several times to find techs - and they were all excellent (I read the reviews first).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015