User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryScott View Post
    Would you be interested in a 2018 in pristine shape?
    I MIGHT be. I'm kinda being picky and specific as to what I want. Honestly, I really like the 376TH. However.....there are other manufacturers that have similar floor plans that I'm considering . I know, I know......HERESY!! But.....a big part of my decision is dictated by the garage size. Hence me trying to find out the dimensions. This past weekend I was in Myrtle Beach and at a Campers Inn stealership they had a 376TH that I spent some time in and got a better feel for the garage. That was good. But, something that I discovered is a bit off putting. The way the bed is raised creates a gap on either side of the bed such that any sort of "smell" in the garage will waft its way into the coach. That's NOT GOOD. If one does a mo'sickle ride and comes back and puts his steed up wet, there'll be fumes of some sort that will worm its way into the coach. Additionally, if I choose to do some maintenance in the garage - obviously necessitating the bed in the up position - any chemicals/solvents odors would also intrude into the coach. In each of these cases, the last place I wanna smell shi....uh....stuff is in my bedroom.

Yeah, yeah, yeah......I know. Don't work in the garage, don't put the bike away wet, etc. But the question that needs to be asked is why GD settled on that design when there are other similar TH's whose garages are sealed off from the coach due to their design solution for raising the bed??

And FWIW......this egghead recovering Engineer woulda never used a 4 bar linkage system and ONE linear drive actuator for raising the bed. It's a bit telling that a gas pressurized lift strut is used to aid in the lifting. Is that to lessen the strain on the motor?? Is the motor's lifting capacity marginal?? I dunno.

Thanks!!

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tom,
    I agree with your post including don't put 'er up wet and work on it outside. I'll assume, which I don't normally do, that while you were in Myrtle you got dimensions as needed and a better feel.
    With that being said, I will be posting my unit on the site, under sales, with pics and descriptions. My initial brief listing states a medical issue for needing to sell, otherwise our plan was to go full time with the unit. Check it out and get back to me if interested. We will be letting it go for $85k, (the payoff or assume the loan).

Terry Scott
    Terry, Veva, and Duke
    GD 376Th
    2007 Chev Classic 3500 DRW
    2014 Ultra Limited HD
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom,