User Tag List

Thread: 12 Volt TV swap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 Volt TV swap

Hi all,

I could use some guidance / help. We recently purchased a 2019 2800 bh and are loving it. Our little family expanded and the larger trailer was needed. We came from a 2015 lance 1985. There were a few features I miss from the Lance. Two main items are the 12 volt tv and 12 volt USB ports. They were all we really needed for boondocking.

I know that I can add an inverter but I’ve never tackled that job. It seems slightly daunting and pricey for a full setup.

For the tv, I’m leaning towards adding a 12 volt outlet near the tv and swapping the tv to a 12 volt tv.

For the usb outlets, I’m going to see if I can swap the existing usb outlets for some 12 volt outlets (as long as 12 volt wires are ran behind the outlets).

I’m all ears to any guidance anyone has for this. I’ve been researching/ learning but time is limited with a 7 month baby and a 3 year old toddler.

I really appreciate the help and this forum has great to learn from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TV pulls about 45 watts when running so an inexpensive inverter work. You can pull 12v from behind the stereo. I run my TV with this $20 inverter from Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never figured out why RV manufacturers don't use TV's that have a power converter in the cord rather than on the inside of the tv. My boat had a tv that had the power converter in the cord. The output was 12vdc so I could plug the tv into 12v or 120v. If your replacing the TV look for one with an external 120v to 12v cord.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjunior View Post
    The TV pulls about 45 watts when running so an inexpensive inverter work. You can pull 12v from behind the stereo. I run my TV with this $20 inverter from Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Did you just tap into the 12v for the radio and add a cigarette lighter port? That's what I have been considering doing on my 2670mk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schwieb View Post
    Did you just tap into the 12v for the radio and add a cigarette lighter port? That's what I have been considering doing on my 2670mk.
    Yup, that's exactly what I did.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tapped into the radio and added a 12V outlet (XM radio) and USB port. I also tapped into a bedroom light for a USB port. I run the tv and Blue Ray player on a 180W pure sine wave inverter.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. PJMJunior, your idea will work brilliantly. Thank you very much. It’s the exact solution for our situation.

Stupid question - is 12 gauge the right size for this tap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk