User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fresh water tank always overflowing.

When we have our universal control panel turned to city water and NOT fresh water, the water output in our trailer is slower than usual and the fresh water tank continues to fill to over flowing. We believe the valve in the universal control is not closing all the way. Any insights on this problem will be greatly welcomed. Thanx from Just Bobbing Along

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your analysis sounds correct. If the valve is set to City and you can still hear water trickling into the fresh tank, the City Fresh Tank Fill valve is not doing what it should. it is a pretty simple directional valve, suggest you take the panel off to inspect it or if under warranty take it to a dealer.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had problems with my fresh water tank overfilling; turned out to be check valve in pump. You can increase pressure on valve using allen wrench; just Google for instructions. Very easy from outside pump or you can order replacement valve from Amazon and replace.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Buckskin points out, it could be the check valve in the water pump. When you have your control panel set to fill tank, you can hear the water entering the fresh water tank, it splashes, listen at the potable water gravity fill and you can hear it. If your control panel is set to city, there should be no splashing heard at all unless the selector valve is not operational. If it is the water pump check valve, you probably will not hear any splashing as the water is entering the fresh tank below the waterline - that is at the water pump pickup/inlet. This should help you determine which valve needs attention.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly appreciate your follow-up on this problem I'm having. What I did today was colon lubricate the selector valve very well with some WD-40 and exercised it. Then I cut the holes and put a valve in the hose that goes to the fresh water fill tank. That way the valve is shut off there's no way water can be going in the fresh water fill tank. I'm going to wait a few days and see if there's any water accumulated in the field tank if not I know one of the two things I did fix the problem if there is water then I will have a look at my pump and make the necessary adjustments. Thank you so much for the information I hope you have a wonderful day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisis2ez View Post
    I certainly appreciate your follow-up on this problem I'm having. What I did today was colon lubricate the selector valve very well with some WD-40 and exercised it. Then I cut the holes and put a valve in the hose that goes to the fresh water fill tank. That way the valve is shut off there's no way water can be going in the fresh water fill tank. I'm going to wait a few days and see if there's any water accumulated in the field tank if not I know one of the two things I did fix the problem if there is water then I will have a look at my pump and make the necessary adjustments. Thank you so much for the information I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Colon lubrication of the valve sounds uncomfortable; but, whatever works I guess.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB