User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower Head Replacement

We'd like to replace our shower head and hose with something better. Those of you that replaced your shower head, what type did you use and are you happy with it?

Actually we don't mind the original shower head all that much, but we hate the hose. Its very stiff and has a mind of its own.

Thanks

Bob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to Lowes and get a flex hose cheap.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an Oxygenics hand held shower, been using them for over 20 yrs in our trailers. The first one we bought is still in our old '98 Aliner that my son adopted.
    A quick internet search will find you one.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxygenics here also.

Actually the same one on our 2nd rig now.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxygenics is great for camper; it allow a very small amount of water to flow and you don't get hit with either very hot or cold water when turning on and off. Available now at Walmart. Amazon has also.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know about others’ setups, but the wimpy OEM hand-held in our shower (that looks like a dog-wash wand you once could buy for use in your bathtub) had two problems. First, it was aimed high toward the back wall (over my head, and in Bruce’s face). Second, not enough pressure. We ended up taking our water pik shower head from home for the past 2 years.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D942300-877A-450E-8768-4BA6FCC1C3AE.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	718.1 KB 
ID:	22179
    The one on the right is the winner. The dial has only two settings-the inner sunburst opening (lots of pressure) and the outside green openings (more like 3” rain shower). The water pik on the left has more water pressure on the “massage” setting, about the same as the Oxygenics. We put in an on-off switch just above the faucets, before the hose. This doesn’t solve the aiming problem though.
    So, since you all have been raving, I recently bought the Oxygenics. Definitely solves the aiming problem as it points down, but it takes forever to get the soap out of my hair!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5ECB9981-281E-430F-9118-6220AC9D1B2B.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	651.7 KB 
ID:	22180
    I think the blue thing is the culprit so I’m thinking of prying it out of there. Meanwhile, I keep looking for another water pik with the same configuration.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more vote for the Oxygenics.

I have this model: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I removed the retaining loop that restricted hose movement too. Sealed the holes with silicon and covered them with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    One more vote for the Oxygenics.

I have this model: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I removed the retaining loop that restricted hose movement too. Sealed the holes with silicon and covered them with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have the same Oxygenics unit. Love the shower head, hate the cheap plastic hose that came with it. I used the metal hose that came with the trailer, much more flexible.

Good idea removing the loop and putting something usable in its place.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the shower heads from this website: https://www.highpressureshowerheads....hand-held.html

I have not used this particular product, but I have used their home version - the Forza. When we remodeled our house, we installed very expensive Hans Grohe Citerrio plumbing fixtures. The shower heads cost an arm and a leg. But when I went to use them........arghhhhhh! Low water pressure that was soft. I removed the flow restrictor and still, soft weak water. Pressure at point where the water comes in from the street was at 70 psi though, so it didn't make sense.

So I found the highpressureshowerheads.com website, and ordered their Forza shower head. It was a virtual clone of my Hans Grohe unit. Instead of heavy metal the Forza is just cheap chrome plated plastic. But oh boy! That shower head delivers! We get a hard almost stinging shower with super power spray. I'm happy, so happy!

So I'm going to try their handheld unit. We won't be camping again for another month, so in the meantime if anyone wants to be a guinea pig, maybe try it out and report back!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Check out the shower heads from this website: https://www.highpressureshowerheads....hand-held.html
    Great web site! Had the exact info that Needed. Now to pick a Showerhead. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast