Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Pressure?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Pressure?

my 2014 Reflection 303 is running with 70-72 pounds of pressure (cold). What are others running? And where do you go to get Nitrogen added? Thank you.
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our tires are rated to run 80 psi (cold). We try to keep them as close as possible to the rated pressure. The sidewalls of your tires will tell you the rated pressures and loads for that tire. There should also be a sticker on you rig that gives tire size and pressure info. As to running nitrogen, there's a thread that covers that subject, but in most folks opinion, the benefits of running nitrogen vs air are not worth the trouble of finding places that have it.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run my 303 tires at 80psi {cold}. I check them before I hook up to hit the road. I just add air if needed. I also use the TireTracker TPMS. Works great.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I changed my rubber valve stems for metal stems, I did not refill the tires with nitrogen. If you install a TPMS such as the one in this link, you need to have metal stems. http://tsttruck.com/product/tst-507-flow-thru/ .

It's very difficult to find a source of nitrogen while on the road. You are much better filling a low tire with air instead of waiting to find nitrogen. This link from tirerack.com gives a really good over view of nitrogen vs. air filling of tires. It's not worth the hype in my opinion.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=191

As for my 337, I always run at 80psi cold. This is measured in the morning before the sun hits the tires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am becoming more uneasy about "proper pressure" in tires since my trip last week. I have always aired the tires to 2 lbs under max rating prior to pulling regardless the time of day, ie: at ambient temp prior to pulling. Last week my intent was to start pulling at 0900 hrs and the temp was 54 degrees. When I checked tire pressure on two tires they both were at 70 lbs. Then a camping neighbor came over to chit-chat; and when we concluded it was 1000 hrs. I decided to continue checking the other 2 tires on the 5er and found them to be at 78 lbs. This made me double back and in doing so I found the original 2 tires were now also at 78 lbs.

Thus my daily confusion topic was identified ! When do I really want to put additional air in the tires? The ambient air temp changes quickly where I was and had I added more air based on conditions 1 hr prior to starting my pull there may have been adverse consequences. How much is too much ?!

The older I get, the less I know !
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's always a tough one. It's one of the reasons I use a TPMS. When traveling, the temps can change drastically. One can only do their best to keep pressures at the rated spec. In extreme conditions, I have had the TPMS tell me there is a over pressure condition. I just pull over and let a few pounds out and continue on my way. Have never had it go the other way unless there was a leak. The TPMS helps take the guesswork out of the equation.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

pwrplay
    Just fill to 80 and don't worry about it. You won't hurt the tire if overinflated a little bit. Under inflated is far worse than over inflated.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a really good article on tire pressure versus temperature and direct sunlight. It explains quite a bit.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=147

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sitting in the Coachlight RV camp ground now where I bought my 303. I'm having some warranty work done, new table top and kitchen island doors. I asked about the tires. The tires say 65# and the sticker on the rig says 80#. The service manager called Grand Design and was told the sticker was not correct.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our VIN # sticker tag does state 65lbs. matching the tires rating. Tucson Jim--great article regarding nitrogen v.s. regular old compressor air......I had forgotten the high % of nitrogen in regular old air.

Dan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140512_101638.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	990
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast