User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Mistakenly type in something inaccurate and you need a 40 Cal Arc flash suit.
    The HO engine requires the aisin transmission. Why get the derated engine with the 68RFE?
    Yep truck weighs 9 k. But it has the 14k gvwr. So I was inaccurate about that as well. Keeping score?
    Tow what you want with what ever you want. Just be careful, the safety Nazis will ridicule you to feel better about themselves.
    I guess this directed at me since I pointed out the errors. Not sure what I said or how I said it was disrespectful. I had a SRW with the HO so I was aware that a dually was not required and I pointed it out. This is a forum where people come for information, I saw some info that I had some experience with and knew was incorrect and corrected it. Wasn’t about “keeping score” or ridiculing anyone. I’m definitely not a safety nazi as I usually fall on the other side of those arguments.

Why would anyone buy a derated Cummins? I have no idea but they must sell enough to keep offering it. The only reason I’m not driving a Ram after my previous one was wrecked is the crazy torque management even with the Aisin. I really liked that truck. Outside of the motor I liked it much more than my GMC
    Last edited by JKellerJr; 09-05-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thesilverback View Post
    Thanks to all for your valuable info. I guess it’s back to the dealerships and start looking at DRW again. I had originally started out with this thought and then thought it was to much truck.
    This is my 1st time on the forum and not much on social media so hopefully this is helpful. I don't know what truck manufacturer you prefer but I just bought a 2020 GMC 3/4 ton. Towing capacity is 18,500 pounds (this is higher than a 2019 1 ton). Both Chevy and GMC 2020 3/4 ton trucks have really increased their towing capacities. My truck rides great and is a hoss!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for your valuable info. I guess it’s back to the dealerships and start looking at DRW again. I had originally started out with this thought and then thought it was to much truck.
    I just bought a 2019 RAM 3500 SRW and I have a payload of 3830 lbs with the Cummins and Aisin transmission. I have the 20" wheels so that dropped my payload a bit. There was one on the lot that had the 18" wheels with 4150 lbs payload so I think you are doable with the right SRW 1 ton. Towing capacity is about 23,500 lbs as well and ride great.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Solitude 32rl and am looking at purchasing a tow vehicle. I am leaning towards a 1 ton SRW as I think that the 3/4 ton may be to close to the limit. Any recommendations.
    You are correct about the 3/4 ton, you would be over specs but it will tow it nicely, your choice. 5th wheel's typically run 21 to 23% pin weight. The 321 has a 15000# gvwr which means your pin weight will be from 3150 to 3450#'s if fully loaded. A dually would be a lot more stable and you wouldn't be running right at the upper end of the numbers but it isn't a must have. Everyone thinks their truck rides the best (including me) the truth is the ride feels different to everybody. You need to test drive all of them to see which one fits you best. All of the big three make good trucks. They all have their own unique problems. Read as much as you can about them to see which one you would feel better about.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been great seeing the bantering go on. All great points and as suggested all manufacturers seem to be making pretty decent products. I believe this will come down to the ride and comfort. It will definitely be a 1 ton and the SRW or DRW is still undecided.
    Thank you

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say thanks to all for your great input. After taking it all in we bought a 2019 Ram 3500 Limited. Now we have to put a hitch in it. Recommendations for hitch that will fit the puck system.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say thanks to all for your great input. After taking it all in we bought a 2019 Ram 3500 Limited. Now we have to put a hitch in it. Recommendations for hitch that will fit the puck system.
    B&W Companion with the RAM-specific puck mount base. You will find it to be the popular choice for good reason.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123