User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trailer hitch for a 29rs

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of replacing the original bike hitch with a trailer hitch. We are in a state that allows pulling a trailer behind our fifth wheel. I see that the bike hitch is bolted on and would like the trailer hitch to bolt in as the replacement.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justonemore View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of replacing the original bike hitch with a trailer hitch. We are in a state that allows pulling a trailer behind our fifth wheel. I see that the bike hitch is bolted on and would like the trailer hitch to bolt in as the replacement.
    I just looked at the hitch on the back of our 29rs and it's rated for 3000 lb pull, 300 tongue. Is yours not that? Or do you need to pull even more weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I thought mine had a sticker stating 300 lb’sfor bikes only or something to that effect. I’m not near the trailer but I will look but the trailer and side by side do weight less than 3000 lb’s. Mine is a 2018 29rs so it may be different than your 2019. Thanks for the response!