User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water tank full, can hear pump run, but no water comes out of faucets.

We wanted to flush out the fresh water holding tank as we have not used it this season, but are planning to soon. The tank was filled on Fresh Tank Fill, water came out when it was full & all lights illuminate red indicating fresh tank is full. When the pump is turned on, it runs & runs, but water doesn’t come out of any of the faucets. The first & last time we used the pump was October of 2018, it was filled on the gravity side. Any suggestions? We have an Imagine 2600RB. It came with a Shurflo water pump.
    Last edited by kfields131; 08-25-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing is to verify all of the valve settings are correct on the nautilus panel. Also, was the water heater full of water when you turned the pump on? It can take quite a while for the heater to fill but you should get something out of the faucets, even if it is just air.

Possibly the inlet side of the pump has a problem so that the pump is pulling air, check the sediment bulb and filter screen on the inlet side of the pump, they can be a problem area.

I had one camper where the water pump would be a real pain to prime if it got dry, I had to disconnect the inlet, put a hose on it so I could dump water into the pump to prime it, put it back together and it would work fine. Only had it happen on that one Motor Home and I never did figure out why.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't state what rig you have, but if you have a Nautilus control panel, are your valves set correctly? If so then I'd think you have a bad pump.
    Last edited by ncitro; 08-25-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water heater was bypassed, nothing came out of the cold water faucet. We have a Shurflo water pump. We will check the filter tomorrow

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had this happen a few times. Have a 303rls w/ the Nautilus..can remember which one for sure but one of valves seemed to be stuck. I think it was the green one but again, not certain. Open and closed it a few times while the pump was running and then it seemed to start pumping water then.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed that water is dripping underneath in two places, one by the fresh water drain and one in the center of the underbelly. I’m thinking the problem is more than the pump.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kfields131 View Post
    Just noticed that water is dripping underneath in two places, one by the fresh water drain and one in the center of the underbelly. I’m thinking the problem is more than the pump.
    Based on this new info, I would stop trying to pump more water through the system until you find the source of the leak. You might think about dropping the chloroplast in those areas and taking a look.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the rig winterized or exposed to cold weather? A cracked pipe on the inlet side of the pump will keep the pump from moving water.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your input, after dropping part of the chloroplast to investigate the leak, went inside and discovered the valve was left in the closed position. As soon as it was opened the leak stopped and the pump worked. Completely our fault, my reminder note didn’t work! Now we can enjoy our upcoming trip to the Thousand Islands!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kfields131 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input, after dropping part of the chloroplast to investigate the leak, went inside and discovered the valve was left in the closed position. As soon as it was opened the leak stopped and the pump worked. Completely our fault, my reminder note didn’t work! Now we can enjoy our upcoming trip to the Thousand Islands!
    What valve "inside"?

Thanks. Happy travels.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast