User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd A/C 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would only put in a ducted front HVAC unit. I thought that the units with heat strips were not ducted and had the controls on the ceiling plate. I prefer to have the thermostat on the wall above the light switch in the bedroom.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I would only put in a ducted front HVAC unit. I thought that the units with heat strips were not ducted and had the controls on the ceiling plate. I prefer to have the thermostat on the wall above the light switch in the bedroom.
    I know on the Coleman unit I installed you buy the unit, thermostat, and inside cover separate. The inside cover contains the control box that either connects to the thermostat or has the knobs you use directly, and also determines if it's ducted or not. Mine is ducted, heat pump, and electric heat strip, with the thermostat by the light switch.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Coleman sounds nice if it's a heat pump with heat strip and is ducted.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    The Coleman sounds nice if it's a heat pump with heat strip and is ducted.
    I got the Mach 8 plus, it’s the low profile unit. I had to order it with heat pump, and the electric backup was an add on. You have to pick the right thermostat as well, you need one that does both heat and a/c. I ordered mine from rvupgradestore.com, they were great to deal with and shipped super fast. They were very knowledgeable about the units and helped me make sure I got the right combo of ceiling assembly, thermostat, and a/c unit.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why haven't we gone European yet? Euro air/heat is so much more efficient and better than the units we use here in the US.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend buying the trailer with two ACs from the factory. A local dealer had one with a single AC and was willing to add a second for some ridiculous price. We drove 80 miles up the road to get one that had two factory installed units. As others have stated, the primary benefit is being able to run the unit mounted in the part of the trailer that you aren't in. So much quieter. If it is really warm, you have the option to run them both.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miner76 View Post
    Any thoughts on 2nd A/C in 303RLS? Cost? I understand it depends on climate etc…Special order only?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have a 26RL (a bit smaller than your rig), but added the 2nd AC fairly quickly, within the first year.

We purchased directly (around $1000) and my husband & son installed it. The rig was already prepped for 2d AC.

It's worth it to cool things down quickly when arriving at a hot destination. And we find running the AC in the bedroom while we're in the living room (and vice versa) makes things a lot quieter in the room we're in. Plus, when we're in a REALLY hot area, 2 is better than one.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12