Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine wheels - spare wheel

On my imagine, the spare is a black wagon-spoke type of wheel. I had to put it on while I drop one of my wheels off at the dealership to get it warrantied. We believe it has a crack in it. Tire is losing pressure, but dealer said tire was not leaking. They did not bother to solve the issue, so I had to press again and they said bring wheel in and they will get it warrantied (trailer is less than 1 year old).
    Question; Anyone ever considered using the steel wagon spoke wheels all the way around. Wonder if they are as strong or stronger than the aluminum mags.
    I actually like the spare.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Within the same weight capacity, aluminum wheels are lighter than steel, which reduces the stress on suspension components. Also, aluminum is less likely to corrode. When I finally buy a second spare, it will be aluminum.

On a occasional use trailer, I would probably go with steel wheels due to cost.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><