User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comfort Ride shocks w/o slipper springs

We currently have a 310GK with the MORryde CRE3000 and HD shackles. It was definitely an upgrade from stock. I am thinking about adding the Comfort Ride shock system and I am curious to know if anyone has any experience with them without also having the slipper springs?

Is the squeeze worth the juice?
    Last edited by JColeman; 08-26-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I added mine (Joy Rider at that time) I was getting a bouncing diving board affect with my Momentum when my Fiat was in the back. After a bump the trailer would bounce and keep on bouncing. After installing the shocks it settles down immediately. Recently a friend was following me and noted how quickly the bounce settled down compared to his. I am very happy with them. Definitely worth the squeeze for me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01883.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	22200
    Last edited by JCR GD; 08-27-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    When I added mine (Joy Rider at that time) I was getting a bouncing diving board affect with my Momentum when my Fiat was in the back. After a bump the trailer would bounce and keep on bouncing. After installing the shocks it settles down immediately. Recently a friend was following me and noted how quickly the bounce settled down compared to his. I am very happy with them. Definitely worth the squeeze for me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01883.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	22200
    How hard was the install. Thanks for any info.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you’re fairly handy and you have some good, long & sharp drill bits, it’s not too bad. I think it was about an hour per wheel.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might add that when I installed mine i just put one screw in each of the top brackets and then I removed all three wheels on that side to drill the remaining holes using a small floor jack for an inverted drill press worked like a charm. But to the original question the shocks work like a champ without sliders. My bikes do not move during transport now.
    Johnny and Cindy with Bubba & Bopper – rescue furbabies
    2019 Momentum 398M, Roadmaster shocks, Centramatic balancers, TST 507-6 TPMS, Furrion Observation camera, Air-Flex Pin Box, Snappads, Ultra-Fab 2.5” x 3” rollers, Putco 60" Blade LED Tail light bars
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW Lariat, B&W 25K Companion Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags / compressor, Bakflip MX4 bed cover, Rough Country Grille lights, Ranchhand full bumper and grill