User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    Good news that Harris Teeter fuel points work exactly the same... .
    I did not know that. Another one to add to the arsenal. Thanks Gimpyknee.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    I use the Good Sams RV Plus charge card at Flying J and Pilot as it turns the pump on and gives me a discount. At Loves I got their My Loves Reward card. I got them to enable their "pay at the pump" feature. Now I insert my Loves card to turn on the pump and then I pay with my Sam's Club credit card when I go inside. This gives me a 5% discount on fuel. I don't mind going inside to pay, as I get a receipt that way, take a restroom break and get a chili dog! The main thing is I don't have to go in, and stand in line just to have the pump turned on.

I will consider the fuel program from TSD after it's been around awhile.
    At flying J and pilot you use the Good Sams Rv Card to pay, and at Loves you use Sams Card correct? Just wondering i have a sams card too that gives me back 5% on gas. So if I pump 60 gallons of fuel at 2.80 per gallon, i will get back $8.40 using Sam's Card, as compared to $4.80 using the Good Sams Card at flying J and Pilot. Why not use the Sam's card at Flying J. It should give you more back. I'm trying to crunch numbers for the best deal.
    Last edited by Maximus216; 08-29-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    At flying J and pilot you use the Good Sams Rv Card to pay, and at Loves you use Sams Card correct? Just wondering i have a sams card too that gives me back 5% on gas. So if I pump 60 gallons of fuel at 2.80 per gallon, i will get back $8.40 using Sam's Card, as compared to $4.80 using the Good Sams Card at flying J and Pilot. Why not use the Sam's card at Flying J. It should give you more back. I'm trying to crunch numbers for the best deal.

At Flying J/Pilot if you use the Good Sams RV charge card they give you the cash price and discount on top of that.

Here’s an example (from Good Sam's website)

Posted Diesel Credit Price . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $3.00/gal
    Cash Price . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $2.94/gal
    Member Discount . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $0.08/gal
    Your Price . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $2.86/gal
    That’s a savings of $.14 per gallon off the credit price!

If you use your Sam's Club card and get 5% cash back you would be at $2.85 gallon because it would be 5% off of the credit price. The problem with the Sam's Club card is you have to go in to start the pump. I like the convenience of starting the pump without going in as I usually have to stand in line just to have the pump turned on.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Hi

Just thought I might let y'all good folks know in case ya didn't.

This is some what new and has been brought up on a few other forums. I signed up and my card is in the mail. I spoke with Joy ( the person in charge of it) today. TSD has not been doing this long for RV'ers outside their own company. It cost you nothing and the savings are really rather good from all reports. Having driven a tractor trailer that ESF cards can save a trucking company a lot of money. It can for you too now. A lot of folks are starting to get as much as 30 to 50 cents off for every gallon. That is huge. Most of this is at Loves truck stops now , but all the other major truck stops take the EFS card also.
    TSD Logistics out of Texas has been doing this for a while now, and word has gotten out on it now.

They take 10% of your savings for each gallon you save on and if you can't save anything they take nothing. As others have already found out it does work.

You also have to fill up in the truck lanes not at the car lanes. It also won't save you much at the smaller mom and pop stops either. Then again they are normally cheaper anyway.

Here is the link. https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

================================================== =============================
    This has been a special report brought to you buy some guy trying to save a few penny's.

He doesn't work for TSD or FSA and is not contracted to them or affiliated with them in any way.

Hope it can save me a few duckies while on the road. Maybe it can you too.

Whys do they not publish the discounts for different fuel stations? I'm assuming you don't know the savings until after your checking account has been debited.

I have a VISA card that pays 5% off if used at the pump. The smaller chains are usually much cheaper than Lowe's, Pilot, etc. Granted, sometimes it is a pain to get in and out of the smaller stations.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Whys do they not publish the discounts for different fuel stations? I'm assuming you don't know the savings until after your checking account has been debited.

I have a VISA card that pays 5% off if used at the pump. The smaller chains are usually much cheaper than Lowe's, Pilot, etc. Granted, sometimes it is a pain to get in and out of the smaller stations.
    Well seems likes they do's . You have 2 ways to ponder on such things.

1 Look at the daily e-mail sheet they send you of their price at the pump .

2 Get the ESF card control app on line and look at their price that way also.

Either one works. Pick your poison. Stare compare and see what discount program you use is best for which place.

If you like the way your doing things now and saving then stick with that by all means. Saved money is saved money.

I'm just letting folks know it's out there as an option.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called and had them send me a daily price sheet. Very impressive savings for Loves's and TA. Not much savings at all for Pilot/Flying J.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called and had them send me a daily price sheet. Very impressive savings for Loves's and TA. Not much savings at all for Pilot/Flying J.
    Petro is another one that has very good savings.

As the buying power of TSD goes up the lower the Pilot and Flying J will go in time.

The only draw back to any of it is you have to keep a close eye on the listings and plan ahead. I think most RV'ers plan ahead already.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks for the heads up. good info. I signed up yesterday. can you post the daily price sheet for us. shame they don't post it on thier website.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do plan on buying a diesel truck, but don't have one yet. For my cars, I try to buy only Top Tier gas. I was curious if there is also Top Tier diesel, Googled it, and yes there is. Looks like mainly Costco. My Costco does not carry diesel, and if they did I would never be able to make the turns with anything attached to the truck.
    https://toptiergas.com/diesel-licensed-brands/
    Future Grand Design Owner

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exxon/Mobile has Synergy Diesel here in Texas. It is supposed to give 2% better fuel economy (has more cetane than normal) also has fuel additives. Sounds like they have not paid to become classified as a top tier diesel
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast