Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Gary - you're starting to sound like the old man saying "get off my yard !" lol

The truck lanes and mega nozzles are great......where else can you pump 400 gallons of fuel into your 40 gallon tank in 20 seconds AND get a free diesel fuel bath !

Dan
    Dan that is always a riot. Another one is getting in line behind a semi and he just started pumping. Might as well take a nap. I always map out our route and pick out truck stops to get gas. we like the love,s because they give you plenty of room between the pumps and the building making it easy to get out. Flying j's is another good one as a lot of them have a dedicated pump out front for rv's. I like easy.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

For problem #3 , pick up a cheap leather glove. Use that to handle the pump, and store it under your drivers seat - grab it when you get out, stow it when getting back in. No diesel smell anymore.

You must be storing that diesel soaked glove in a ziplock bag full of potpourri to not have the cab filled with fuel fumes.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll never find a pump handle that has enough diesel on it to soak the glove. If you get the right kind of glove, it's not really absorbent and you don't really notice any odor even after hundreds of uses. When you notice it is if you get it on your hands. The glove totally prevents that.

If you see a handle that's soaked in diesel to the point you need to worry, I'd recommend using another.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or use the disposable gloves that you can throw away like you do when you dump the tanks.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One reason I like this forum - threads get funny!

I always use the truck lanes when hitched because truckers pay attention to other big vehicles in the lot unlike the oblivious lot rippers over in the passenger vehicle lanes! Keep your gloves of hide for changing flats! You cannot get tanned hide like days of old that was impenetrable to hydrocarbons because those chemicals are outlawed. A nice, textured pair of thick PVC gloves is what you want if you want to be more environmentally conscious than disposable nitrile gloves. Mine live in the bed of my truck stuck to the bed slide with a big magnet. After all, when hitched the bed is wide open. When unhitched, I'll visit the dainty lanes with my white gloves. Lol!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Just an update on the ESF TSD card. Now instead of waiting on a daily e-mail with price listings, you can use the password they give you as a member and go on TSD website and they are all listed there. Downlaod them also. Makes it much more effeicant I think.
    EFS also has a phone app that will show you all the surrounding diesel prices, it is great to use while traveling!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFS_Price_Map.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	23839

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...c.efsmobileapp
    Brian and Susan
    2019 F-350 Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG!!!! The guy was just trying to help with a useful suggestion.
    Use it, or don't use it...…. but don't sit here and tear apart his theory if it doesn't work for you.

I have a Momentum 376TH.... Ya, the big one. Pulled trailers for many years, all over the country. Sure, I would love to pull up to the "car" pumps, slide my card in and be gone in a jiffy. But that is rarely the reality of it when traveling. Many times, and yes, even at Flying J/Pilot, and Love's, my rig cannot and will not make the tight turns, get around the circus of other cars in the lot, or allow me a way out when I'm done - so there is no other option than to drive around back with the big boys.
    And, of the many times I have done so, I have never had to wait on a big rig to leave. Ya, I gotta run in and pre-pay sometimes, but this isn't always soo bad, as I usually am about 50 miles past the potty break required as well. So, I run in, hit the restroom, drop my card, go fill up, then come back in and get my snack/food as I'm closing out.

Thanks for the tip my friend. That is why I come to this forum. Many tips, many experiences from others. I may not use them all, but I sure read them to see a different point of view or maybe something to help on the trip.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I have ordered my TSD card. Not fond of EFS systems but the savings is worth it. I use my credit card most of the time as it gives me a simple way to track my spending.

Traveling all over the US we get to use most of the major grocery store chains and their affiliates. I have learned to tag my phone number with the shopping card, this way I don't have 5 or 6 grocery store cards and no matter where I go I just type in my phone number for the savings program. We eat well so manage to rack up the fuel points pretty quick.

I have and use the Flying J card.

Does anyone know if the TSD card will work at Pacific Pride pumps? I emailed the company over the weekend but haven't heard back from them.
    Dallas
    Let us know if Pacific Pride pumps will work with the TSD card. That's a great idea if it will.

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna try this tomorrow.
    Why have a one-piece toilet? While two-pieces toilet is the most common design today, one-piece toilets come with a number of advantages Firstly, the single-piece design actually makes it easier to clean and can allow for better interaction between the water tank and bowl. one-piece toilet review https://bestflushingtoilet.org/best-...oilet-reviews/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Dallas
    Let us know if Pacific Pride pumps will work with the TSD card. That's a great idea if it will.

Thanks, KEN
    They never responded to my email. I am awaiting their call to get the rest of my account information, I suspect it will be a while.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast