Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheaper diesel fuel

Hi

Just thought I might let y'all good folks know in case ya didn't.

This is some what new and has been brought up on a few other forums. I signed up and my card is in the mail. I spoke with Joy ( the person in charge of it) today. TSD has not been doing this long for RV'ers outside their own company. It cost you nothing and the savings are really rather good from all reports. Having driven a tractor trailer that ESF cards can save a trucking company a lot of money. It can for you too now. A lot of folks are starting to get as much as 30 to 50 cents off for every gallon. That is huge. Most of this is at Loves truck stops now , but all the other major truck stops take the EFS card also.
    TSD Logistics out of Texas has been doing this for a while now, and word has gotten out on it now.

They take 10% of your savings for each gallon you save on and if you can't save anything they take nothing. As others have already found out it does work.

You also have to fill up in the truck lanes not at the car lanes. It also won't save you much at the smaller mom and pop stops either. Then again they are normally cheaper anyway.

Here is the link. https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

================================================== =============================
    This has been a special report brought to you buy some guy trying to save a few penny's.

He doesn't work for TSD or FSA and is not contracted to them or affiliated with them in any way.

Hope it can save me a few duckies while on the road. Maybe it can you too.

Last edited by ScopesNC; 08-26-2019 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typos
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this, right now I use the Pilot RV Plus card which will turn on the diesel pumps at Pilot and Flying J. It will be great not having to only stop there, I really dont like to have to go pre pay at other truck stops to turn on the pumps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna try it!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the TSD option - thanks for posting! Those savings are significant - if the price at the truck stop is within reason then the price off per gallon could add up.

Another option: Gas Buddy has a card that saves 5 cents off every gallon at any gas station and on any fuel. It even discounts DEF fluid 5 cents/gallon at those stations that have DEF at the pumps.

Super simple - just enter a "driver code" (four digits of your choosing) at the prompt on the pump and the fuel is discounted a nickel per gallon. Doesn't sound like much but I travel for business and pay all my own expenses (small biz owner) so every little bit helps. No fee for using the card - it is linked to a checking account so you don't have to pay a bill at the end of the month. It's just like using a debit card.

Here's a link: https://www.gasbuddy.com/pay

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I aggressively collect Kroger fuel points, and therefore routinely save $1.00/gallon (up to 35 gallons) every time. It requires regular grocery shopping at Kroger, and buying $100 VISA gift cards (which I then use to buy the groceries....) The VISA gift cards earn double points generally, and frequently earn 4x points. I am also trying (with varying success) to plan my HomeDepot trips... price check online, buy the HD gift card (no fee) at Kroger, get 2x-4x fuel points, then go to HD and get my stuff. It takes a little effort, but pays off.
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post

Another option: Gas Buddy has a card that saves 5 cents off every gallon at any gas station and on any fuel. It even discounts DEF fluid 5 cents/gallon at those stations that have DEF at the pumps.

Super simple - just enter a "driver code" (four digits of your choosing) at the prompt on the pump and the fuel is discounted a nickel per gallon. Doesn't sound like much but I travel for business and pay all my own expenses (small biz owner) so every little bit helps. No fee for using the card - it is linked to a checking account so you don't have to pay a bill at the end of the month. It's just like using a debit card.

Here's a link: https://www.gasbuddy.com/pay

Bob
    ================================================== ====================================
    Rover
    I have the gas buddy already and yes it is a good one also and has saved me a few $$ too. We use it more for our cars around home.

The TSD card will only get better in time as the numbers grow. It gives TSD more bargaining power. if it's 30 to 40 cents off now just wait. The entire deal is by word of mouth and they had over 300 sign up in the last month. They also bought another trucking company. As the amount of fuel bought gets higher so to does their ability to drive the cost down. It also means TA ,Pilot and Petro will be going down as well. They are the major ones who discount heavy for the ESF card.

Lower priced diesel fuel makes me a Happy Camper.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    I aggressively collect Kroger fuel points, and therefore routinely save $1.00/gallon (up to 35 gallons) every time. It requires regular grocery shopping at Kroger, and buying $100 VISA gift cards (which I then use to buy the groceries....) The VISA gift cards earn double points generally, and frequently earn 4x points. I am also trying (with varying success) to plan my HomeDepot trips... price check online, buy the HD gift card (no fee) at Kroger, get 2x-4x fuel points, then go to HD and get my stuff. It takes a little effort, but pays off.
    FYI Kroger goes by Fred Meyer out west. I only get gas once a month or so but that $1/gallon off sure feels good I paid $1.85/ gallon yesterday

Cherres,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    I aggressively collect Kroger fuel points, and therefore routinely save $1.00/gallon (up to 35 gallons) every time.
    Yeah that is a nice deal. To bad Kroger was bought out by another chain in our area of North Carolina.

Dang That Harris Teeter
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Yeah that is a nice deal. To bad Kroger was bought out by another chain in our area of North Carolina.

Dang That Harris Teeter
    Good news that Harris Teeter fuel points work exactly the same... just not interchangeable with Kroger, or vice versa. You've got the potential....
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Good Sams RV Plus charge card at Flying J and Pilot as it turns the pump on and gives me a discount. At Loves I got their My Loves Reward card. I got them to enable their "pay at the pump" feature. Now I insert my Loves card to turn on the pump and then I pay with my Sam's Club credit card when I go inside. This gives me a 5% discount on fuel. I don't mind going inside to pay, as I get a receipt that way, take a restroom break and get a chili dog! The main thing is I don't have to go in, and stand in line just to have the pump turned on.

I will consider the fuel program from TSD after it's been around awhile.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast