User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the call last night while at a basketball game, grandsons team lost by 1 point.

The clerk on the phone wasn't sure, she had to go ask someone, seems it will work at Pacific Pride but they do not have a discount agreement with them. I am ok with that. Many of the places we travel Pacific Pride is the only "truck stop" around.

While I am pretty good at maneuvering my big fat MO around itty bitty gas pumps I am lazy and like truck stops mo betta.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Got the call last night while at a basketball game, grandsons team lost by 1 point.

The clerk on the phone wasn't sure, she had to go ask someone, seems it will work at Pacific Pride but they do not have a discount agreement with them. I am ok with that. Many of the places we travel Pacific Pride is the only "truck stop" around.

While I am pretty good at maneuvering my big fat MO around itty bitty gas pumps I am lazy and like truck stops mo betta.
    That's good news. That means that pretty much any commercial fuel place the card will probably work.
    Let us know how the card works out for you. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone explain the logic behind having the "2 trips" on the big boy pumps? A few times I've seen them with CC swipe right on the pump, I always use them then, it's fantastic and takes about 2 mins to fuel up for me. Love it. But if I have to go in/out, the pump just isn't "fast enough" to make up for the time lost, so I usually go to the car lanes then. Why aren't more of the truck pumps "swipe and go"?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Can anyone explain the logic behind having the "2 trips" on the big boy pumps? A few times I've seen them with CC swipe right on the pump, I always use them then, it's fantastic and takes about 2 mins to fuel up for me. Love it. But if I have to go in/out, the pump just isn't "fast enough" to make up for the time lost, so I usually go to the car lanes then. Why aren't more of the truck pumps "swipe and go"?
    There are different reasons. In some places, truck lane pricing is less than commuter lane, and that is reserved for commercial drivers so they verify. Others if you don't have a fuel program membership you can swipe or key-in, the sale needs to be pre-authorized. Some stations have had too much fraud and control payments inside.

Generally, if you belong to a fuel program you'll avoid the 2 step the majority of the time.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the price at my local loves with the efs card is 2.15 vs 2.62 at murphys. is was below 2 dollars a few days ago.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Hi

Just thought I might let y'all good folks know in case ya didn't.

This is some what new and has been brought up on a few other forums. I signed up and my card is in the mail. I spoke with Joy ( the person in charge of it) today. TSD has not been doing this long for RV'ers outside their own company. It cost you nothing and the savings are really rather good from all reports. Having driven a tractor trailer that ESF cards can save a trucking company a lot of money. It can for you too now. A lot of folks are starting to get as much as 30 to 50 cents off for every gallon. That is huge. Most of this is at Loves truck stops now , but all the other major truck stops take the EFS card also.
    TSD Logistics out of Texas has been doing this for a while now, and word has gotten out on it now.

They take 10% of your savings for each gallon you save on and if you can't save anything they take nothing. As others have already found out it does work.

You also have to fill up in the truck lanes not at the car lanes. It also won't save you much at the smaller mom and pop stops either. Then again they are normally cheaper anyway.

Here is the link. https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

================================================== =============================
    This has been a special report brought to you buy some guy trying to save a few penny's.

He doesn't work for TSD or FSA and is not contracted to them or affiliated with them in any way.

Hope it can save me a few duckies while on the road. Maybe it can you too.

Thank you for posting this. I'm going to sign up and check it out. Really appreciate the info. I used the name you provided in a later post as a referral for yourself. Cost me nothing to do it, thanks again.

Those of you nit picking, don't use it if you don't like the savings.

I don't see any minimums. We are often on the road and I'm not going to start driving through an entire city to save 20 cents on diesel over Loves. Regardless, stations that have cheap prices tend to be full. I'm not going to try and maneuver at 65ft through there. It isn't worth the aggravation so having this is a nice bonus and if I save 8 cents or 40 cents on a gallon at a place I would have stopped anyway then it is money in my pocket.
    Last edited by Aridon; 02-09-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only filled up twice with my TSD card.. Both times about 50c per gallon savings. That's a BIG deal, it's saving me 20 bucks on a full tank of gas, I can start the truck pumps without going inside, and it's accepted in tons of stations around me. Wouldn't surprise me if it saves me 100's, maybe 2000 per year across my truck, my wife's truck, tractors.. I burn quite a bit of diesel. Thank you again for pointing us to it, the prices I'm getting on my last 2 fill ups are lower than I've paid for diesel in a long, long time!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my card in today, went to Love to fill up. Posted price for diesel at the Truck lanes was 2.81 / gal. I paid 2.21 / gal. Looking at gasbuddy and the rate sheet the discount runs similar all over the USA. You are crazy if you have diesel and don't use a program like this.

I can't thank the OP enough. Used your name as a referral.

We are about to head out on a cross country trip and this is going to save me at least $400 just in fuel and on top of that I don't have to use tiny stations in who knows where to save $$. Pull up to the truck stop and fill like the big boys @ the big boy rate. I'm a little sick at how much I've paid for diesel over the years and now I'm paying less than they are selling unleaded.

<insert expletive>
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too just received and used the card yesterday at a TA truck stop in Coburg, Oregon.
    It took a while to figure out all the buttons to push on the pump, but I got it to work.
    Thanks. KEN Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200228-155124_EFS CardControl.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	25065
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I travel a LOT for my job and have saved HUNDREDS of dollars this winter thanks to the tip from Ken. I typically fill up at either Pilot/Flying J or TA - Loves is usually cheaper by a few cents but the semis are backed up two and three deep there - must be more truckers who get a discount at Loves.

Am so thankful for the card for my professional life and this summer towing our Imagine. Not only do I get better fuel mileage towing with my diesel I'm now paying nearly the same price per gallon as gas trucks. Even if there's no truck stop at which I can use my TSD card there's always the 10 cents a gallon using the Gas Buddy discount.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast