User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace won't start at all

We bought a 2019 2500RL this past spring and love it so far. We had an issue while in Moab over the 4th of July where the AC compressor would not kick on. Warranty got us a new AC unit and thermostat. Brought it home today and the AC works great. But now the furnace won't come on, no blower, nothing.

We have two full propane tanks, which are turned on. Fridge will run on gas, and the stove burners come on with a real nice blue flame. Plugged into 30A shore power. Breakers are all good, fuses are all good.

Turn the thermo to "heat" and bump the temp up to 5-10 degrees above what the current temp is on the thermo, then sit and wait. Nothing happens. You hear the thermo "click" but then nothing.

I'm wondering if when they replaced the AC unit they may have:
    a. shut off something I am unaware of
    b. wired the thermo incorrectly
    c. did something else I'm not thinking of.

Anyone have things I can troubleshoot? The dealer is over an hour away so I'd rather just fix it myself if possible instead of bringing it all the way back.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did your furnace ever work? The reason I ask is because on my 2019 2800bh, the furnace would not light, I could hear the ingniter click but nothing else. The dealer adjusted the igniter and all is well now.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you remove the outside cover of the furnace there is an on/off switch on the side of the unit (at least on mine). Maybe they turned that off for some reason. Next guess would be a miswire on the thermostat since that was replaced.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it did. Worked just fine a couple weeks ago (when I tested it). But we had also used it earlier this summer up in the mountains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    If you remove the outside cover of the furnace there is an on/off switch on the side of the unit (at least on mine). Maybe they turned that off for some reason. Next guess would be a miswire on the thermostat since that was replaced.
    pulled the cover off and the switch was in the ON position.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2019 F-350 SRW
    Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R on order!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this one goes down as "know your stuff and don't trust the dealer".

I was finally able to find a wiring diagram that showed what wires went where, and then compared that to the wires on the back of my Thermo. Turns out the dealer, when they installed the new thermo along with the new AC, plugged the orange wire (furnace) into the blank slot just to the left of where it is in the picture. I moved it one to the right - where you see it in the picture - and viola! Furnace kicks on no problem. Also notice the labels. That slot they plugged it into is blank. The new slot, labelled W, which I guess means furnace??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2909.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	22204

Trust but verify I guess is the name of the game.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2019 F-350 SRW
    Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R on order!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m shocked the dealer screwed something up (sarcasm) lol. Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for the update.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD