User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MisterB are you towing your 297RSTS with the F-150. Mine did not have enough payload to handle the tongue weight. I wish I could have kept it. Still trying to sell it as a matter of fact.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just added Timbrens to my 350. I got them to soften the ride when towing. Turns out there was a pretty significant improvement in the ride when empty. On a scale of 1-10, I think the unloaded ride went from a 4 to a 5. My wife, the somewhat picky one, says to her it went from a 4 to a 7. Pretty happy with the results so far. Be a week before I tow again.
    Pete & Joyce
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS
    2019 F-350 6.7 Diesel Srw 4x4 CC Short Bed
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    They are indeed basic air suspension. My entire semi truck and trailer rides on air bags. Not a spring in sight.
    Yep. Our old Blue Bird Wanderlodge 35FC rode on air bags. All 35,000 lbs of it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Since Timbrens are basically giant bumpstops, they don’t contact the axle until the bed sinks down at least a half inch, therefore they do not affect ride at all unloaded, that’s by design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here is what I know. Timbren literature says it will result in a softer ride, both unloaded and loaded. I had Timbrens installed. My ride, unloaded, is noticeably softer. I can't comment on the ride quality loaded because I haven't done that yet. That's all I know about that.
    Pete & Joyce
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard46 View Post
    Well, here is what I know. Timbren literature says it will result in a softer ride, both unloaded and loaded. I had Timbrens installed. My ride, unloaded, is noticeably softer. I can't comment on the ride quality loaded because I haven't done that yet. That's all I know about that.
    I guess the difference is since I installed my own what I know is that mine don’t even touch the axle until I load the trailer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelderman Suspensions is another option. F-350 Dually with firestone ride-rite air bags along with a rear Kelderman kit is NICE, loaded or not!
    My 2 cents worth on the subject.
    Good Luck!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I guess the difference is since I installed my own what I know is that mine don’t even touch the axle until I load the trailer.

Mine don't touch until loaded either. So the differences boil down to I had mine installed where you installed your own. I experienced a softer ride where you evidently didn't. That's about it. Oh, and mine is a 350, yours is a 250 which I assume has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
    Pete & Joyce
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

New shocks or both socks and bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard46 View Post
    Mine don't touch until loaded either. So the differences boil down to I had mine installed where you installed your own. I experienced a softer ride where you evidently didn't. That's about it. Oh, and mine is a 350, yours is a 250 which I assume has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
    You’re saying you experienced a “noticeably softer ride unloaded” after the install, even though you admit the Timbrens don’t actually come into play unloaded... so they can’t actually affect the ride. You’re hilarious.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 09-18-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently installed Firestone Ride Rite air bags on my F250 for a better ride towing the 337. For those of you who have Firestone Ride Rite bags; did your lower bag mounts move after install? I meticulously followed the directions and torque settings in the installation manual, and after the first trip (350 miles) the top half of the lower mount slid down the bottom half roughly 45 degrees? I've re-leveled them since, and increased the bolt torque from 20ftlbs to 65ftlbs hoping this solves the issue, but I won't know until I tow again in the spring...

Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast