User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharont View Post
    congrats on the new RV -- I found several great personal PDI lists on line to take with you when you go for your walk thru --
    Extra's I would recommend
    1. Fantastic Fan instead of the regular bathroo/kitchen roof exhaust fan
    2. MaxAir vent covers for all roof vents
    3. Slide topper awning
    PDI Lists on line - check out Utube and google online RV PDI:
    http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-inspection.shtml
    http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf
    I am planning to install Maxx air vents myself and the slide topper. Although the dealer gave me a quote and that is the cheapest slide topper part[157" Is that right?] cost I have seen, they add the labor charge which brings it is close to $600 I am not sure of fantastic fan installation. Is it something we can do ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by cygnussailor View Post
    I haven't seen this when I lightly scanned the other responses so...If you have the time available, find a campsite as near as possible to your dealer and spend a few days in your new camper. You will likely find some things that need attention. You can then get it immediately back to the dealer while it is brand new. That puts a little extra pressure on them to get it fixed and back in your hands.

Gary
    I did exactly that. So PDI was Friday and I had my own WDH. I had to install it myself and they let me do it on their parking lot. And they also had 30A electric. And next day I took it home and camped out on my driveway. No hook ups yet. So we didnt use the bathroom. Had to buy a new mattress. The one it comes with is horrible. Now its at the storage. We have a campsite booked for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    The Weber Q won't work with your BBQ outlet because the outlet that comes with the Imagine is after the regulator. The Weber Q is made to hook up directly to the propane tank. The is an after market kit to convert the Weber Q, which I have on mine, but that costs extra. There are other portable BBQs that will work pluged into the BBQ outlet on the Imagine.
    Thanks for the info. I am a big fan of Weber.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompson71 View Post
    Buy the extended warranty! It saved us on our Solitude as the cooling system in refer had to be replaced. Or set up a repair savings account now as you will have many repairs...
    My plan is to buy it towards the end of first year and use manufacturers warranty until then.

Quote Originally Posted by cygnussailor View Post
    Yes, with one closed the camper will see it as being out of propane. It should then attempt to switch to the other tank. If that's successful, turn the first tank back on and turn the other off and it should switch back. I can't imagine a GD not having an automatic switch!!! It is amazing how little most dealers know about their own products!

Gary
    It is at storage now. I will attempt that tomorrow evening. Is it an immediate change over or it takes time? Ya I was so disappointed in that guy who gave me the walk through. Do you lock your propane tank? I also felt that the tank cover might fly off so I bought a lashing strap to strap it to the propane tank stand.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evad32 View Post
    We ordered our 2600RB late April and it arrived 6 weeks later. It came in as a 2020 model with the upgraded LED exterior tail and marker lights, thicker storage compartment doors, aluminum entrance steps, etc. We love it....you made a great choice. The only physical option we got was the theater seating but as far as extended warranty or any other we opted out. We got the best insurance rate through State Farm since we have all our other insurance through them. Progressive was right there as well. The only problem we had was the LP gas detector kept going off after a week or so after delivery. The dealer promptly sent a new one and I replaced it. We used it about 7 trips so far and a few more are planned before the season ends. If you have any more questions after getting your feet wet this support group site is awesome. I wish you all the best with your new 2600RB.
    I love it. I researched this model for 4 months to the point that they changed the interior during my purchase process. My dealer was getting frustrated. Visited him almost every week for four months. Incase you didnt notice, with the other upgrades, they also added the axle from heavier imagines to 2600RB. Now its 4400lbs per axle and have E rated tires.
    We have 2 weekends planned so far. Our initial plan is to just stay the weekend successfully. We have never camped before or pulled a trailer before. No cooking or going places. We are both really nervous too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil...AKA...Neil View Post
    Join Amazon Prime!
    Just in time they made it 1 day shipping at my location and I got everything on Saturday. Although I found a few things cheaper at Menards than Amazon.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that you have it, move all of the cabinet latches so they are near the handles. That way the doors aren't being twisted everytime you open them. Maxx fan in bedroom is great! We left the mattress at the dealer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've added slide covers to our last 3 RVs. One dealer didn't install correctly and we had water puddle in the middle of the cover. Be sure to ask how many the dealer installed and their installation guarantee.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    I ordered a brand new Imagine 2600RB and the PDI is scheduled for Friday. The dealer tried to sell me on a few add-ons. I asked for a few days to decide. I have time until Friday. Here are few and I did some research on the forums, couldn't get any recent threads.

Extended warranty, they are offering Cornerstone 5 years. But what I found is, it is significantly cheaper to add at the end of 1 year for 4 years. Also looked into Good sam. Any experience with either? Are these any better in the first year compared to the manufacturer warranty?

Road side assistance - offered coachnet but I went with Good sam for half the price that included tire hazard warranty unlimited warranty etc. I also have AAA and a different assistance for TV. Not sure which one is better.

Some ceramic coating that covers outside which includes inside coverage on sofa and tables etc. Any experience on this one?

Insurance - I came across good sam and progressive. I have quotes from both. 1 is half of the other. Not sure why.

Do I need to look into any other thing that I can't get after purchase?

Thanking everyone in advance. It took me almost 4 months to make a decision on the brand and floorplan. Now I have 3 days for the rest. 😭
    You won't be sorry if you get that protective coating, inside and out! Our dealer, Windish in Colorado, suggested it and we're glad we did. Mud and dust just rinse away! Our dealer stated it's like putting sun screen on your decals. You can tell the difference. Makes the outside really smooth. Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesNH View Post
    Now that you have it, move all of the cabinet latches so they are near the handles. That way the doors aren't being twisted everytime you open them. Maxx fan in bedroom is great! We left the mattress at the dealer.
    That was something I asked them but the response was 'thats how every Imagine is'. My dinette drawers wont even stay closed. Have to fix that first. Can the mattress sit through winter in storage or do I have to keep it at home?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    That was something I asked them but the response was 'thats how every Imagine is'. My dinette drawers wont even stay closed. Have to fix that first. Can the mattress sit through winter in storage or do I have to keep it at home?

The mattress should be fine. We left the mattress in all our trailers over winter and have had no problems with mold or mildew. I'd reccomend to keep a few damp rid tubs going, check and change them out as needed. Don't forget to leave cabinets cracked or open if not near a slideout for air flow. Those that can't be left open put damp rid in those too.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&D RVers View Post
    You won't be sorry if you get that protective coating, inside and out! Our dealer, Windish in Colorado, suggested it and we're glad we did. Mud and dust just rinse away! Our dealer stated it's like putting sun screen on your decals. You can tell the difference. Makes the outside really smooth. Jim
    I am one of those 'hold my beer' guy, so I didnt wanna buy something I could do it on my own. lets see how that goes.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

The mattress should be fine. We left the mattress in all our trailers over winter and have had no problems with mold or mildew. I'd reccomend to keep a few damp rid tubs going, check and change them out as needed. Don't forget to leave cabinets cracked or open if not near a slideout for air flow. Those that can't be left open put damp rid in those too.
    I bought one of those completely encased mattress protector. Hope that is fine and will not sweat inside it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast