User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading everyone's replies and thinking about this in more detail, the less inclined I am to install a safe in the "rig", as Kris prefers to call it. I had wanted a secure place to put a laptop and SLR camera, but most safes don't provide that much space. Also, if we're staying in safe RV parks and campgrounds, the risk of someone breaking into your rig is probably very low. Like Marcy said, if it's too inconvenient to get to, you may not end up using it too frequently. So making sure you're aware of your surroundings and picking out safe places to stay is probably the better answer. I think the safes designed to mount in the console of the truck look very secure and great for storing cash, check books, etc. we don't carry much cash and use cards for everything we can. Of course this is our first year to own a fifth wheel and a truck, the first year of retirement and the first month of living in a house on wheels, so we have yet to learn many of the things that most of you already know. That said, we're liking it so far and looking forward to moving the rig to warmer weather as our travels continue this winter, Fort Myers FL or bust.

Thanks all,

Paul
    Paul & Kris - West Michigan
    2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax ("TheBeast")
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    Pullrite Superglide

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our 355TH came with a lock box under the master bedroom bed. Simple key lock box for securing small items. I am weapons owner, yes guns and ammo. What would you expect from a former Marine and such and retired to from the USAF reserves. Its a hobby like many others. Right now biggest issue is transporting rifles and pistol to competitive events like camp perry. Every year its something different across the US. I do not live in my RV full time, yet, but I will require a safe of some kind in the future. I thought about false bottom or back of the drawer or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AL and Holly
    355TH Momentum, #00811, 2014
    GMC Sierra, 3500HD, SRW, Diesel 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kind of a fan of carrying a gun when I travel with the RV. That said, I needed a gun safe as much to keep the gun from falling into the hands of a child as I did to keep it from being accessed by a criminal. Keyed boxes are useless for accessing a weapon, so I chose a safe with biometrics. I liked the Liberty Safes HDX-150. American made too. They make bigger boxes for securing other valuables.
    Since everyone likes a locked box in different locations within a unit, it would be almost impossible for the factory to locate a safe that everyone liked, in a location everyone liked. The factory doesn't even install a toilet paper holder, so I'm guessing that mounting a safe is out of the question. It's just something that the owner needs to acquire and mount.
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12