User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Access to cooling fan for 2670MK fridge?

Fridge started to make humming sound after a week or so of running. I think it is the cooling fan, may need to be tightened up or replaced, but need to know how to get too it
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to slide the fridge out into the kitchen to get to the fan. The screws are all around the faceplate inside. You might need to also unhook the electrics through the lower vent and also disconnect the LP connection. Fridges are pretty heavy, but manageable. I'd put a rug underneath where you're sliding it out for protection.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    You'll have to slide the fridge out into the kitchen to get to the fan. The screws are all around the faceplate inside. You might need to also unhook the electrics through the lower vent and also disconnect the LP connection. Fridges are pretty heavy, but manageable. I'd put a rug underneath where you're sliding it out for protection.
    I was afraid that might be the case. My fridge sit above a drawer and a cabinet. May have to be a dealer fix sometime later.
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our unit I was able to pull the fridge out partially and reach the fans from the outside. All fan screws loose and one ready to fall of mounting bracket. Pushed fridge back in and quieter now.
    Last edited by Justa5th; 08-28-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2970 I serviced the fans from the top vent. Removed the plywood baffle. Re-attached baffle with L-Brackets and screws to make it removable in the future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    On my 2970 I serviced the fans from the top vent. Removed the plywood baffle. Re-attached baffle with L-Brackets and screws to make it removable in the future.
    I think this the answer to get at the fan if you plan to just tighten it up. Removing the inside trim and screws is the easy part if you plan to slide the fridge out, the tougher job is freeing up the 12V,120V, propane connections and the other various cables and temp sensors, IMO.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built a wood stand the same height as bottom of frig, I just slide it out on to the stand.
    BTW GD did a much better air flow baffle in 2670MK than KZ did in there units IE no baffle at all!
    Have not done this on GD yet but I got the frig install manual and studied install instructions for units with top side vent.
    I bent up a baffle from light aluminum added a second fan an T stat AND pink foam all around the unit.
    Made a huge difference on KZ, will something similar on GD although there's is better it could be improved.
    A must is a fan in the refrigerator help a lot.
    Tim

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, before you go all crazy and start taking apart the fridge....check out the top vent on the outside. There's a 12v computer type fan in there - that's where the source of my noise was. Kind of a pain to remove the cheezy baffling they put in there, to get at the fan - but far easier than taking things apart around the fridge!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)