User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Thinking about the Smokies next summer, wondering about fire damage?

My bride and I are considering a trip to the Smokies next summer and are looking for input regarding the effects of the 2016 fire. Any suggestions as to what to avoid or current conditions would be much appreciated. Thanks, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frank....pretty much everything is back to normal as far as the park is concerned and the businesses in the area. I'm guessing that there may still be some rebuilding of the mountain cabins/houses, etc, but that part of it shouldn't affect your travels in any way.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live close by. What xrated said. All good. Come spend a bunch on money. Helps keep our taxes low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was up there two weeks ago. You could see where the fire was in Gatlinburg, but Pigeon Forge south of there was pretty much spared.

Why wait until Summer. The Fall and Spring are the best times there--when things are a little quieter.

The Smokies and the Blue Ridge mountains are one of the most beautiful places anywhere for watching the Fall foilage. And if you don't have time to tow the RV, come on down by automobile. The area has more hotel rooms than a city of 1 million people.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I was up there two weeks ago. You could see where the fire was in Gatlinburg, but Pigeon Forge south of there was pretty much spared.

Why wait until Summer. The Fall and Spring are the best times there--when things are a little quieter.

The Smokies and the Blue Ridge mountains are one of the most beautiful places anywhere for watching the Fall foilage. And if you don't have time to tow the RV, come on down by automobile. The area has more hotel rooms than a city of 1 million people.
    The Chamber of Commerce would be proud!
    The area was in fine shape when we were there this spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Frank....pretty much everything is back to normal as far as the park is concerned and the businesses in the area. I'm guessing that there may still be some rebuilding of the mountain cabins/houses, etc, but that part of it shouldn't affect your travels in any way.
    Thanks xrated, Frank
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFisher View Post
    I live close by. What xrated said. All good. Come spend a bunch on money. Helps keep our taxes low.

Ok, but then you would have to come to Minnesota and spend 3x as much. our legislature thinks money grows on trees.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tortise View Post
    The Chamber of Commerce would be proud!
    The area was in fine shape when we were there this spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We would love to come now, but unfortunately the vacation bucket got emptied on Tetons and Glacier this year. Thank you for the encouragement. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Ok, but then you would have to come to Minnesota and spend 3x as much. our legislature thinks money grows on trees.
    That’s a deal!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Thanks xrated, Frank
    You're welcome sir. I live just west of Maryville, TN...about thirty miles from Gatlinburg, but I seldom go over any further than Townsend, which is to the west of GBurg. We like staying in a campground that is in Townsend, the taking the bicycles up to Cades Cove and riding the loop...about 11 miles. The close the loop road to motorized traffic every Wed and Sat morning till 10AM starting in May and running through the end of Sept. But, back on point here, the local news does stories once in a while about how that area has recovered so well and in fact, the Smoky Mountain National Park is the most visited N.P. in the US and breaking records almost every month.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast