Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael: I've had 12 years' great service out of my F250 SuperDuty 7.3. I also like that there are so many more Ford dealers to obtain parts and service from, and their dealers' quality has improved so much over the years. (I worked for Ford Motor Company for 24 years.)

And my truck's still quite beautiful in spite of the driver. When I moved from Atlanta, I carried a full dining room suite--in the back seat. It's huge.

It's also nice that so many F250's were sold that there are plenty in salvage yards to obtain parts from. As long as diesel pickups last, junk yards are the economical way to keep'em on the road. Except for fuel injection parts, even new Ford parts are not that expensive for my truck.

krisbc1
    Personally, I would ever tow a fiver with/out an 8ft box supported by a set of duals, I am partial to Duramax, but any of the big 3 have a more than satisfactory truck

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The bed height is high, but I have been working with my pin box and hitch and have it dialed in. I like knowing that it's hard for people to see in the bed of my truck. As for the DEF, Have the dealership check on an update. I burned a lot of DEF early on, and after one of the RRTs that was applied, my def usage went down dramatically.
    Ct..

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehead View Post
    I tow a 303RLS with a 2014 Ram 2500 diesel and there are 2 things that are a big negative with the truck ;
    1. The truck bed sits too high and causes the nose of the camper to ride 6" high.
    2. Uses way too much diesel exhaust fluid and it's not cheap. I have 7k miles on my truck and have towed 4k of that and have used 7 gal. of fluid.
    Oh yeah, my truck came with the 5th wheel tow package and by design is a bad design.
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eaglehead - I consume about 1 gallon of DEF every 1000 miles in my Ford F350. So your consumption sounds about right. Compared to the price of diesel fuel, it's pretty inexpensive per mile. Just don't ever get distracted and put it in your fuel tank. I did, and it was a very costly mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what would happen if the DEF ran out? just asking!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AL and Holly
    355TH Momentum, #00811, 2014
    GMC Sierra, 3500HD, SRW, Diesel 2014

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truck goes into limp mode until shut off, then will not restart until filled again.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with the Cummins is that they burned clean enough they didn't make the switch to DEF till 2 years after Ford and Chevy did and I would bet it was only cause Ford and Chevy complained to the EPA that they need to level the playing field. That's just me talking--------
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehead View Post
    The thing with the Cummins is that they burned clean enough they didn't make the switch to DEF till 2 years after Ford and Chevy did and I would bet it was only cause Ford and Chevy complained to the EPA that they need to level the playing field. That's just me talking--------
    That's not entirely true. It was a cap and trade deal. Cummins was able to buy enough "credits" to get them through the design phase to add DEF to their system. It was costing too much money to buy the credits and were forced to add DEF to the engines.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEF is here to stay on diesels.

Navistar bet the company on being able to design and manufacture a heavy truck engine without DEF, and they flat fell on their faces. They've never recovered financially and are having a very difficult time existing. I look for them to not be around in future years under the current business entity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12