User Tag List

Thread: Slideout Fuse

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideout Fuse

I am trying to carry spare fuses that is used in my RV and notice the Slideout Fuse are different.
    It says they are "Cole T1 12v30A 447". When I search for this exact name nothing comes up.
    Anyone knows what 447 is for?
    How often these fuse go bad?
    Has anyone replaced these with another brand?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuse.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	22236
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    I am trying to carry spare fuses that is used in my RV and notice the Slideout Fuse are different.
    It says they are "Cole T1 12v30A 447". When I search for this exact name nothing comes up.
    Anyone knows what 447 is for?
    How often these fuse go bad?
    Has anyone replaced these with another brand?

Name:	Fuse.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	22236
    I think they're automotive circuit breakers, 30A.
    Auto parts store, Amazon should have them.
    Bussmann (BP/CBB-30-RP) 30 Amp Type-II ATC Blade Circuit Breaker https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-C...dp/B004AH4NXE/
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link and info. I love this forum! 2 on order.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I think they're automotive circuit breakers, 30A.
    Auto parts store, Amazon should have them...
    For those with hydraulic slides, the circuit protection is an auto-resettable circuit breaker mounted under the OEM bus-bar terminals (my bus-bars are next to the hydraulic pump in the front storage compartment).

But that begs the question: where is the fuse for my Swintek electric bedroom slideout. It's not in my distribution panel.

Name:	12vFusePanel.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	26891

The Swintek manual has this:

"Checking FusesThe Lippert IN-WALL™ Slide-out requires a minimum of a 30-amp fuse. Check the 12-volt fuse box for blown fuses, and replace any if necessary. Consult the RV manufacturer's documentation for the location of the 12-volt fuse box, and the location of the IN-WALL™ Slide-out controller’s fuse."

So where did GD hide the Swintek fuse?

-Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12vFusePanel.jpg  
    Last edited by andrewssteve; 06-01-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    For those with hydraulic slides, the circuit protection is an auto-resettable circuit breaker mounted under the OEM bus-bar terminals (my bus-bars are next to the hydraulic pump in the front storage compartment).

But that begs the question: where is the fuse for my Swintek electric bedroom slideout. It's not in my distribution panel.

So where did GD hide the Swintek fuse?

-Steve
    Steve,

My schwintek controller is in the passthru and gets its power via 10 Awg wires from the front compartment.

I'd guess your controller's wire is on one of the front compartment auto resetting circuit breakers.

I misplaced where a photo of a 310-GK front compartment auto resetting CBs labeled.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post213141
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post173168
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    Thanks for the link and info. I love this forum! 2 on order.
    It never hurts to have a spare but these are modified, resetable circuit breakers. You should only need to cycle power to reset them. From Eaton / Bussman web page:
    http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...glasstube.html

"Type II - Modified Reset

Type II circuit breakers will remain “tripped” by an internal resistor (in the OFF position) as long as the circuit is powered. Type II breakers can be reset by turning the circuit off, or by turning the ignition switch to the OFF position. These devices are sometimes called "non-cycling breakers."
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide 30A Circuit Breaker - Auto Reset

After reading @Wicked ace's post, looks like I picked the wrong CB to order a few years ago.

Thought I better try updating the info for @Papahoosh, @Juiceman

Checking GD Parts Lookup > Electrical doesn't show the CB for my rig.

GD Parts Lookup does have the 2020 Reflection 337RLS, 2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL, 2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.
    These all show the CB to be:
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/4268 Part Name: BREAKER OPTIFUSE ACB2-PL-30A 30 AMP ATO TYPE PLUG-IN

Looked up the Optifuse part:
    Optifuse: Type ACB2-PL Auto Reset Circuit Breaker Automotive Type I Plug-In Type https://www.optifuse.com/blog/BlogPDFs/ACB2-PL_RevC.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/ACB2-PL-30A-2.../dp/B07HJJD6X7
    (x2) ACB2-PL-30A-2 | Optifuse Automotive Circuit Breaker w/Snap-Off Blades | 12VDC | 30A | Type I | Auto Reset | Bussmann Cross: UCB-30
    Brand Name Optifuse
    Color Green
    Model Number ACB2-PL-30A

Cole Hersee is owned by Littelfuse now and Cole T1 12v30A looks to be 30409 ATO Circuit Breakers Series - Type I Automatic Reset

Looked at my fuse panel and see I've got the Bussmann which looks to be same as the UCB-30.
    Bussmann UCB-30 Series Automotive Circuit Breaker (Plug In Mounting, 30 Amps, Blade Terminal Connection)
    https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-UCB-.../dp/B000CFBEWQ

- Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @andrewssteve
    The fuse for your Swintek electric bedroom slideout may be behind the control panel. Just like they put the water pump fuse there too. You need to remove the panel to get to them. They are wired in line with the switch.
    Last edited by powerscol; 06-02-2020 at 10:05 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar