User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace wiring

I have a 2019 297 RSTS TT that from the factory the furnace wires were not connected correctly. You may have seen my other post elsewhere in the forum. Talking to Grand Design tech in the end proved to be a worthless endeavor as they sent me all the documentation I already had and recommended that I take it to a service center for help. As there is no warranty that is what I am trying to avoid.
    Anyway I was wondering if someone would be willing to look up in their AC wiring area. (should only need to remove the filter to see up) and tell me where the two furnace wires are connected. They are most likley a green and a green/black stranded wire and one of them should connect to a green solid wire but I have no idea where the other should go.

I am betting that the wire colors are the same from other forum articles I have read.

Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. Looked at one and saw how to wire it.... it did not make a differance. got to be something else...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally figured this SOB out. Turns out it should only use one of the two wires that came from the furnace. The one with 12v on it is not used. Hooked the other to the signal wire from the Tstat and it is working like it should. Now to figure out how to change the heating tubes so the living room heats and not the bedroom...Always something.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally figured this thing out. The 12v wire from the furnace is not used. the signal wire from the Tstat connects to the non energized wire from the furnace. It is working like it should. Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear it is all ok now! Thanks for the final update.

If the threads look duplicated or odd, it's because I merged the two threads jdmert had going on this. It's the first time I noticed they were duplicated and in different sections. So now it looks like things where posted twice (which they were but in different forums).

Larry
    (moderator)
    Last edited by traveldawg; 10-01-2019 at 05:32 PM. Reason: explain merging and duplicate threads
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12