Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollyb View Post
    Duane,

I don't have a problem with heat in the pantry. I suspect that it could be from the water heater as I don't know of any other heat source that far over on the slide. As for the heat in the hutch, yes that is a problem on the 2017s. On advanced search just type in "Hot Hutch" and you will find a all kinds of threads on the problem and the fixes. If that is confusing, I'd be more than happy to share with you what I did.
    As far as the KTM question, you should probably go direct to Kim. I doubt he will monitor this thread.

Bruce
    Oh contraire mon frer! I see all

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    Kim: Is the “hot hutch” you two speak about the heat that constantly builds up in our converter cabinet? And for that matter ALL the cabinets? Drives me nuts as I’m constantly cracking open all the drawers and doors to vent the heat. Especially the pantry as the heat probably isn’t good for food.
    Also Chief do you take your KTM with you in the bed of your truck? If so I’d like pics and loading details as I want to do this with a GS. Thanks and sorry for high jacking the thread.

DD
    Duane, here's a link to a hot hutch thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...chen-hutch-hot

The hot hutch for me only includes the hutch area, not the pantry. The heat isn't eliminated but is decreased significantly. Helps the thermostat perform a little better. I've not noticed the pantry getting hot, there aren't any heat sources near it. Direct sunlight might affect it.

I originally wanted to load the KTM on board but have never done it. Too much machine to get into that high bed for me let alone get it back down. I'd need a loader like Howard @howson uses.
    I spent a week on a 2012 GSA, great machine but really tall and beastly. If you get a GS in your truck I'd also like pictures.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim: Is the “hot hutch” you two speak about the heat that constantly builds up in our converter cabinet? And for that matter ALL the cabinets? Drives me nuts as I’m constantly cracking open all the drawers and doors to vent the heat. Especially the pantry as the heat probably isn’t good for food.
    Also Chief do you take your KTM with you in the bed of your truck? If so I’d like pics and loading details as I want to do this with a GS. Thanks and sorry for high jacking the thread.

DD
    As Kim mentioned, I do load my '06 Honda Goldwing in my truck's bed. The video below is dated (the truck in the video is my '17 F-250 short bed that has morphed into a '17 F-350 DRW...long story) but it is still accurate enough to share.

Here's a recent photo showing my setup:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Girl in Bed.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	22412
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a better video from multiple angles...

BTW--been using this for almost two years now. As I anticipated, the ramp has been used for a lot of things other than the Goldwing. Only issue I haven't conquered (yet) is that the bike and the bed's contents are exposed to the elements and the preying eyeballs of questionable characters.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that is a nice ramp. There are others with a curve at the top to aid in the ride up. Proper storage is high on my list so I can close the tailgate with bike and my bed cover with no bike. Someone on either the GD or the Ford truck forum is transporting a GS in his truck, but after hours of data mining I cannot find the thread. If you’re out there please respond. Thank you all for the hutch vent idea.

DD
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that is a nice ramp. There are others with a curve at the top to aid in the ride up. Proper storage is high on my list so I can close the tailgate with bike and my bed cover with no bike. Someone on either the GD or the Ford truck forum is transporting a GS in his truck, but after hours of data mining I cannot find the thread. If you’re out there please respond. Thank you all for the hutch vent idea.

DD
    Hi,
    I'm new here but I used to have a GS and a few other tall bikes, I have a 28 inch inseam so what you are showing there wouldn't work for me since I wouldn't be able to get a toe down at the bottom. What worked for me over the years was 2 ramps, one the bike went up and one I walked next to it. My buddy worked in bike shops and he was taught use your hips to lean the bike on when moving them around as you are less likely to drop them or hurt yourself, he taught me that as a new rider and it really helped. That ramp does look really cool though, probably work really well with a strip or 2 of plywood to lessen the angles for you a little bit.

The wife and I are looking for 337RLS for the future, I'm sure I'll come up with a lot of questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12