Quote Originally Posted by soarvet View Post
You gave up the Tundra! I can’t say that I blame you. I love my Tundy, pulls the 297 with ease, but I am starting to shop around for a 1ton myself. Been looking at that same setup you got, or a DRW. Still debating and convincing the wife. I want to get a Momentum down the road, so I’ve really been eyeballing the Ram 3500 DRW and the Ford’s. How does your new Ram compare to the Tundra?

Congrats Rob.
Thanks. Yes I gave up the Tundra. The Tundra did pull the 297 pretty good and never had any complaints. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Problem was it was over 10 years old and was starting to have oil pressure drops when hot at idle and it was time to replace shocks so thought it best to trade it in before having to do an oil pump or bearings.

The Ram drives very nice, is a bit more stiff which I expected but is not harsh. Without towing got over 750 km (470 miles) on 97L (25.6 Gallons) which I never would get that range with the Tundra and smaller tank. Pulled the trailer home today and I thought the Tundra was stable but this is considerably better for stability. All in all so far very happy with the RAM for the first week. I plan to write a towing report when we get back from Myrtle Beach in a couple of weeks. Will compare mileage and towing experience with the Tundra as well. Payload is 3830 lbs compared to the Tundra's 1320 lbs. With 18" wheels payload would have been 4070 lbs on another RAM I looked at.

Rob