User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 311 BHS Solar Install

Just thought I would share my solar install for my Reflection 311 BHS. The big issue I was faced with was running the wires from the roof. After looking around on the various forums, I decided the best way was to cut into my wall in the bathroom which turned out to entirely be the right way because fishing a wire would have basically been impossible. We also combined this project with the install of our various cellular and wifi antennas and combine our junction boxes together to utilize a single hole in the roof. Using some of the material, we built an access panel to replace the wall part that can be easily removed if we ever need to run additional wires (such as new antennas, etc.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3100.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	22282 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3198.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	22283

The rest of the install is pretty comparable to what I've seen several times around here. We put in 1020 watts via 6 170 watt panels. We are charging 4 Battleborn Batteries which also feeds a Victron Multiplus 3000 Watt hybrid inverter/charger. I did make use of the Victron Lynx Distributor boxes just to make tidy work of space for bus bars since the space in the 311 battery compartment is a bit cramped. We are also using the AM Solar Smart Phase Selector though we did receive a defective one and are currently awaiting a replacement. All in all, we are extremely happy with how it all turned out. It was a fun project and I'm glad I did it because I'm much more comfortable with the system via putting it in myself. Though I certainly don't want to get into the solar install business for myself.

Name:	IMG_3174.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	22284 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3189.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	22285 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8728.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	22286

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great.
    I put some QuickCable 5737 2/0 Terminal Protector covers on my battery lug connections.
    Last edited by gbkims; 08-31-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you have to drop your bottom to do this install? do you run anything from the front storage area to the circuit breaker area? or do you just use the existing wires? i'm just starting my research on this and you did exactly what i want to do on my 311. do you think you could just peel the wall back instead of cutting it in retrospec? can i just pay you, lol? j/k

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cutting that panel in the bathroom was very smart. Good idea.....Why do you need cellular antenna? Or WIFI antenna? I mean Wi Fi routers have there own antenna, the same with cell phones..
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingLocalColor View Post
    Just thought I would share my solar install for my Reflection 311 BHS. The big issue I was faced with was running the wires from the roof. After looking around on the various forums, I decided the best way was to cut into my wall in the bathroom which turned out to entirely be the right way because fishing a wire would have basically been impossible. We also combined this project with the install of our various cellular and wifi antennas and combine our junction boxes together to utilize a single hole in the roof. Using some of the material, we built an access panel to replace the wall part that can be easily removed if we ever need to run additional wires (such as new antennas, etc.)

Name:	IMG_3100.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	22282 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3198.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	22283

The rest of the install is pretty comparable to what I've seen several times around here. We put in 1020 watts via 6 170 watt panels. We are charging 4 Battleborn Batteries which also feeds a Victron Multiplus 3000 Watt hybrid inverter/charger. I did make use of the Victron Lynx Distributor boxes just to make tidy work of space for bus bars since the space in the 311 battery compartment is a bit cramped. We are also using the AM Solar Smart Phase Selector though we did receive a defective one and are currently awaiting a replacement. All in all, we are extremely happy with how it all turned out. It was a fun project and I'm glad I did it because I'm much more comfortable with the system via putting it in myself. Though I certainly don't want to get into the solar install business for myself.

Name:	IMG_3174.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	22284 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3189.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	22285 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8728.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	22286
    Is there any reason you didn't remove the entire wall sheet behind the toilet?

Tim