User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantleak Check Valve

We have a 2016 Reflection 337. I believe the check valve for the fresh water inlet has broke. When we are running the water pump, it seems air is getting in the line and the pump either will not shut off or shut off after quite a long time running. Nothing is leaking. I did the Kantleak repair a few years ago with the brass.

Can anyone let me know the proper part to order? One more question-our next camping trip will be at a facility with full hookups. If I don’t get the valve replaced before that trip, will there be any issues using water at the campsite?

Thanks.
    Dave and Anne
    2015 Ford F350 XLT 6.7l 3.55 Crew Cab/SB
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS w/King Size Bed and Dual A/C
    2 Golden Retrievers - Ivy 6 yrs and Ruby 2 yrs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically, when you are getting air in the water line and the pump runs a lot you have a leak between the pump and the fresh water tank which is allowing air to enter the system. The most common place this happens is at the sediment filter which is normally located quite close to the inlet side of the water pump. The plastic ball which contains the filter screen can come loose or crack. A rather easy test is to turn the pump on and watch the water lines to try to see where the air is getting in.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dihtn1 View Post
    We have a 2016 Reflection 337. I believe the check valve for the fresh water inlet has broke. When we are running the water pump, it seems air is getting in the line and the pump either will not shut off or shut off after quite a long time running. Nothing is leaking. I did the Kantleak repair a few years ago with the brass.

Can anyone let me know the proper part to order? One more question-our next camping trip will be at a facility with full hookups. If I don’t get the valve replaced before that trip, will there be any issues using water at the campsite?

Thanks.
    We have a 2014 303 that has the Kantleak system and we just went through what you described. On ours it turned out to be the fitting that goes to the outside shower. They are screw on and one was just a little loose. Not enough to leave a puddle but enough to let air in. Tightened it up and everything works normally again. Your problem could be any one of the lines in your trailer. Doing a step by step check may be what you will need to do.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for both suggestions. It was working normally this weekend. Had to refill the water tank and that is when the issue started.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also just cap the inlet when not in use.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE