Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Frustration

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustration

Ever since the change in the forum, it has never operated like it use to. Janet you have helped me on several occasions but I continue to have problems. At least now I can open and view a forum when it is posted to my email. However I am subscribed to about 20 plus forum categories and always click to have it sent to my email. I only get a handful of new forum notifications to my email. This is the way I like to use the forum, there are certain topics that I am not interested in and prefer to get a email when something is new. What am I doing wrong?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fisherman, I reported your post to the forum moderators stating you are looking for some help from janet...

in the meantime... are you saying that by selecting a forum (i.e. "General Discussion"), then selecting "Forum Tools" and "Subscribe To This Forum", and then selecting "Daily Updates By Email" for notification type... you don't get daily updates? Even if you do it's just an email so you have to go to the forum to see what's new. But you should get an email.

or are you trying to get an email ever time someone posts to that forum?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked your email Spam folder? If you're email is putting the notifications in Spam try adding the email address to your contacts
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-01-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are correct, that is what I am trying to do. Just get daily updates. At first I would get some of the updates but couldn't open them. Janet fixed that but I still get maybe one or two updates....generally the forum on "Hitches". I have checked my spam and don't see anything there. When I check the forum list there is the list that I have subscribed to that have the "-", the rest that I have not subscribed to show a "check mark".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The symbols seem to be right. Sorry for the frustration. The only somewhat helpful suggestion I have now! While we wait to hear from Janet, is to unsubscribe from the forum, log off, log back in and resubscribe. Kind of a reboot I suppose. Hang in there.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several things to check:

1. Your e-mail spam box...
    2. verify your current subscriptions. You can view them here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/usercp.php
    3. When you subscribe to a forum section there are a couple of steps: Make sure you have completed the.
    a. open the forum and select forum tools from the top menu
    b. click subscribe
    c. Select your choice about where notices are left of updates - there is a drop down menu for this
    d. click the subscribe button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subfolder.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	22368
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked my spam....nothing there. I went through the process as you described, but had to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe and selected "daily email updates". I'll see what happens. Been through this before.