Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery charge?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Midfla

Battery charge?

Purchased new 2015 Solitude in September. When I took it home, checked battery and it was low, put it on a charger for 12 hours, chaulked this up to "while in dealers lot, slides in and out, lights etc from people looking at it. After two camp outs, both on shore power I checked battery again, it was low! Question, is there a charger in the unit? And shouldn't the TV charge while under way? Anyone else have similar experiences?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The battery should be charging when you are hooked up to your vehicle and while plugged into shore power. There is a converter and that allows the battery to be charged. I had a fuse blow once therefore the battery did not charge. After replacing fuses the battery charged fine and I have not had any further problems. It could also be a bad battery and make sure all the connections are tight.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

dscoggin
    I am having the same issues you did---- where did you find the converter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midfla View Post
    Purchased new 2015 Solitude in September. When I took it home, checked battery and it was low, put it on a charger for 12 hours, chaulked this up to "while in dealers lot, slides in and out, lights etc from people looking at it. After two camp outs, both on shore power I checked battery again, it was low! Question, is there a charger in the unit? And shouldn't the TV charge while under way? Anyone else have similar experiences?
    dchrist1733 is correct. The TV should charge when running but at a fairly low rate. If a battery is low, you would have to drive for at least a few hours to make a real difference in the charge level. I would get the battery checked and more importantly, get a second battery installed.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    MIDFLA - What TV do you have? On some TVs, the charging circuit is not connected unless you specifically insert a relay or fuse for it to be activated. If you have a volt meter, you can quickly check your TV to make sure you have +12V on the charging circuit. Open up your 7-way plug on your TV. Put the negative side of your meter on pin1 (ground), and the positive side of your meter on pin4 (+12V). If you get around 13 to 14 volts with the engine running, the charging circuit is connected in your TV. If not, let me know what kind of TV you have and I can make a suggestion on where to look for the disconnect.

Jim

Midfla
    I have a 2006 Dodge. I did verify? That the inverot is charging the battery, took a 50 to 30 dog bone, then a 30 to 20 amp adaptor and plugged in at storage. Disconnected battery read 13.4 volts, plugged in it read 14.7 volts, so it looks as though it is charging. Seems as though there is a current drain even with disconnect off. All sensors function, as well as the stabilizers/landing gear. Not sure what else could draw power while sitting! Had my battery charger on it from 10:00AM to 5:00PM before fully charged! It has sat for one week with disconnect off and this much has drained?

dscoggin

Where is the converter on the 2015 Solitude ??

When I plug in to shore power I am still running lights off of battery. The battery is not charging and I had to buy a charger to finish a camping trip, Based on what I have read it most likely is the converter fuse? Can anyone tell me where to find this converter and is it more trouble than it is worth to try to fix. The unit is only 2 months old and still covered-

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dscoggin View Post
    When I plug in to shore power I am still running lights off of battery. The battery is not charging and I had to buy a charger to finish a camping trip, Based on what I have read it most likely is the converter fuse? Can anyone tell me where to find this converter and is it more trouble than it is worth to try to fix. The unit is only 2 months old and still covered-
    The convertor is a completely separate unit from the power center. It is mounted behind the power center, but may be accessed easier from a removable panel in the storage area.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Midfla
    I have not found it! I only assumed it was ok by measuring battery voltage when connected to shore power, which is more than when not connected to shore power. It would be nice to know where it is!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Solitude 369RL and the converter is behind the wall in the storage compartment. I had to open up the compartment on the side where the entry door is and climb in the hole to get to the converter. Then the fuse was in the back so I had to use a mirror to replace it. That was not a fun job. Mine took two 40 amp fuses. The converter plugs into an outlet. It is under the stairs that go to the bedroom in my Solitude but you can only access it through the storage compartment.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast